• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Company

Hi there, I am starting a new ltd company for my first contracting job, inside IR35, checked with a professional, and I have filled the shares as follows

Currency GBP - Pound Sterling
    Class of share Ordinary
    Amount paid up on each share 1
    Amount unpaid on each share 0
    Number of shares 1
    Aggregate nominal value 1
    Prescribed particulars Each share has full rights in the company with respect to voting, dividends and distributions.

Does that sseem ok?
    Thanks
    Bill

Originally posted by Bill84 View Post
    Hi there, I am starting a new ltd company for my first contracting job, inside IR35, checked with a professional, and I have filled the shares as follows

Class of share Ordinary
    Number of shares 1
    Prescribed particulars Each share has full rights in the company with respect to voting, dividends and distributions.

Does that sseem ok?
    Thanks
    Bill
    Well apart from the fact you've gone to all that trouble of setting up a limited then declared yourself inside IR35.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Speak to an accountant. Am sure they will give you a bit of advice before you sign up with them. You need a professional to help you right now.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Class of share Ordinary
        Number of shares 1

Does that sseem ok?
        Thanks
        Bill
        If you can't even handle something as simple as the above how on earth are you going to handle the deemed salary calculation for inside IR35 purposes; speak to an accountant immediately.

Comment

Why inside IR35? Have you had your contract reviewed?
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Many thanks for all the replies, but can somebody tell me if its correct please.

Comment

Class of share Ordinary
              Number of shares 1
              Yes, seems OK for Companies House basic set up.

Comment

Class of share Ordinary
                Number of shares 1

Does that sseem ok?
                Thanks
                Bill
                Depends, e.g. if you have a low income spouse you might want to make her to be a shareholder as well as your next contract maybe outside IR35.

This is exactly way you have been told to speak to your accountant. In the long term I predict that you will make many costly mistakes if you simply rely on people willing to provide free advise with zero accountability. Classic case of false economy.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Speak to an accountant. Am sure they will give you a bit of advice before you sign up with them. You need a professional to help you right now.
                  +1

Get it right now and save yourself the trouble in the future. A business is a legal entity and needs to be setup correctly. The accountant will also give you advice / help on VAT registration and FRS which will only benefit you.
                  Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Working...
                  X