• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The three musketeers are coming to Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The three musketeers are coming to Scotland

Here they come, everyone sing along 'all for one and one for all' (Some of you might be more familiar with 'Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno')

Do you think Queenie told Cameron, 'you get your arse up there and sort this out before I hang you from tower bridge!'

Seriously this reaction seems utterly disparate. People have already submitted postal votes, isn't this action unlawful?

It feels like their every move only affirms the 'other side'.

Leaders in No vote trip to Scotland

Scottish independence: UK party leaders in No vote trip to Scotland

9 September 2014 Last updated at 12:57 GMT
    David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed MilibandDavid Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband have decided to campaign in Scotland ahead of the referendum
    The leaders of the main UK parties are heading to Scotland to campaign against independence, ahead of the referendum.

Prime Minister David Cameron and Labour leader Ed Miliband will abandon their weekly Prime Minister's Questions clash to head north on Wednesday.

It came as the Scottish pro-Union party leaders announced their backing for more powers for Scotland.

First Minister Alex Salmond said the campaign to keep the Union was now in "absolute panic".

Liberal Democrat leader and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg will also be campaigning in Scotland, ahead of the 18 September referendum, although the three leaders will not travel or appear together.

In a joint statement they said: "There is a lot that divides us - but there's one thing on which we agree passionately: the United Kingdom is better together."

Ruth Davidson, Johann Lamont and Willie RennieThe pro-Union Scottish party leaders jointly committed to more powers
    The intervention came after campaigners said at the weekend that the referendum result was too close to call, after polls indicated a narrowing of the lead that the Better Together campaign for the Union have over their Yes Scotland rivals.

In their statement, the UK leaders emphasised that keeping the UK together was now their priority, adding: "That's why all of us are agreed the right place for us to be tomorrow is in Scotland, not at Prime Minister's Questions in Westminster.

"We want to be listening and talking to voters about the huge choices they face. Our message to the Scottish people will be simple: 'We want you to stay.'"

William Hague will stand in for Mr Cameron at Prime Minister's Questions, while Harriet Harman will deputise for Mr Miliband.

BBC Political Editor Nick Robinson said there was a "degree of anxiety" that voters in Scotland were about vote "to end Britain as we know it"

The announcement came as the leaders of Scottish Labour, the Scottish Conservatives and Scottish Liberal Democrats stood shoulder-to-shoulder to endorse a timetable to deliver more financial and other powers for Scotland, in the event of a referendum "No" vote.

Johann Lamont, Ruth Davidson and Willie Rennie backed the plan of action spearheaded by former prime minister Gordon Brown, which would see work to begin on the plan on 19 September, the day after the referendum.

Reacting to news of Wednesday's visit, Mr Salmond said: "The 'No' campaign is in complete and utter disarray, and they are making this farce up as they go along.

Alex SalmondFirst Minister Alex Salmond said the campaign for the Union had fallen apart
    "Together, David Cameron, Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg are the most distrusted Westminster politicians ever - and their collective presence in Scotland will be another massive boost for the 'Yes' campaign.

"The message of this extraordinary, last minute reaction is that the Westminster elite are in a state of absolute panic as the ground in Scotland shifts under their feet."

Mr Salmond added: "While 'No' continue to get it badly wrong, 'Yes' will continue with a campaign that is energising Scotland and galvanising support the length and breadth of the country."
    Last edited by scooterscot; 9 September 2014, 13:25.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Here they come, everyone sing along 'all for one and one for all' (Some of you might be more familiar with 'Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno')

Do you thing Queenie told Cameron, 'you get your arse up there and sort this out before I hang you from tower bridge!'

Seriously this reaction seems utterly disparate. People have already submitted postal votes, isn't this action unlawful?

It feels like their every move only affirms the 'other side'.

Leaders in No vote trip to Scotland
    I didn't know that campaigning becomes unlawful when postal voting has started.

But I'd keep quiet if I were you as having the three most peculiar of all Englishmen (and I include Brillo in that) behaving oddly north of the border will do the YES campaign no harm at all. I thought G Brown was doing a reasonably good job of it.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

If anything, the three amigos should keep well clear. The Scottish people will not take kindly at being lectured to - who can blame them?

Looks like Its going to be a yes.

Especially as its just a simple majority required.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCe-_dWsujA
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            If anything, the three amigos should keep well clear. The Scottish people will not take kindly at being lectured to - who can blame them?

And there are enough simple people in Scotland to ensure a majority for the yes vote
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

It looks like it may be a yes. But you can still get better than 2/1 on a Yes vote.

Comment

I am hoping that they stay until the referendum. Then when it's yes we can get the border controls up and not let them back.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Do you think Queenie told Cameron, 'you get your arse up there and sort this out before I hang you from tower bridge!'
                  I think a better strategy would be for the Queen to make a TV appeal to the Scottish people promising that after a no vote they can have another vote to decide which of the three politicians they'd like her to hang from tower bridge.

edit: With an 'All of the above' option too, of course

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    I think a better strategy would be for the Queen to make a TV appeal to the Scottish people promising that after a no vote they can have another vote to decide which of the three politicians they'd like her to hang from tower bridge.

edit: With an 'All of the above' option too, of course
                    can we give them an option to hang Alex & Nicola in a couple of years when the cash runs out?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X