• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House by the sea, overlooking the beach

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House by the sea, overlooking the beach

Anyone here fancy a nice three bedroom house with a sea view, only a couple of hundred feet from the beach?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-maga...nitor-29127057

I reckon one would have to be completely crackers to go anywhere near it, let alone live there. One false move while parking, or walking around outside a bit tipsy, would be your last!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

You'd be quivering with fear, and scared that your quivering would be enough to dislodge it, thereby quivering even more.

Comment

Got one from MF thanks:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It wouldn't work in the UK.

Imagine driving home in the fog.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          You'd be quivering with fear, and scared that your quivering would be enough to dislodge it, thereby quivering even more.
          Could be worse. Imagine cracking one off. You'd be found the next morning surrounded by damp Kleenex and beached fishes. Very unsavoury reading for your relatives in the papers.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Anyone here fancy a nice three bedroom house with a sea view, only a couple of hundred feet from the beach?

BBC News - Would you live in a house clinging to a cliff?

I reckon one would have to be completely crackers to go anywhere near it, let alone live there. One false move while parking, or walking around outside a bit tipsy, would be your last!
            TBH I'd rather have this one. Just need to get a $35m mortgage. Are Northern Rock still lending?
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You would need balls of steel to live in a house nailed to a cliff.

but think of the views. the experience. wow.

you wouldnt need religion, thats for sure
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                TBH I'd rather have this one. Just need to get a $35m mortgage. Are Northern Rock still lending?
                Wow, that is breathtaking, though following the advice given by Mudskipper's contribution I'd probably spend a lot of time putting plasters on my bloody forehead and ringing a glazier.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Nice find.

As it now stands, The Razor Residence has a construction cost in excess of $34 million.
                  Sold at $14,097,000 it says near the end, so not such a good investment for whoever built it.

Mebbe they offset the costs a smidgin out of this lot:
                  Serving as the backdrop for numerous TV spots, The Razor Residence has appeared as a venue in national advertising campaigns for fashion design house, Calvin Klein, and the infamous James Bond inspired Visa Black Card commercials.
                  Last edited by Sysman; 10 September 2014, 06:38.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

do any of these houses have any kind of zombie defence, no I think not?

Comment

Working...
                    X