• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair apologises... but still no leaving date!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blair apologises... but still no leaving date!

I will quit within a year - Blair

Tony Blair has confirmed he will be stepping down as prime minister within the next 12 months.
    Mr Blair said the Labour conference in two weeks' time would be his last.

He did not set a precise date but said he would do so in the future - when it was in the best interests of the country.

And he apologised for the internal rows in the Labour party over his exit saying the past week "has not been our finest hour, to be frank".

"But I am not going to set a precise date now. I don't think that's right. I will do that at a future date and I'll do it in the interests of the country and depending on the circumstances of the time."

so that'll be when Bush says he can go
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
    X