• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond after the result is "No"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salmond after the result is "No"

So, polls still showing a fairly significant "No" result. Bookies have it as a shoo in.

What happens to Shrek after the votes are counted? He's going to make a right Kinnock of himself.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    So, polls still showing a fairly significant "No" result. Bookies have it as a shoo in.

What happens to Shrek after the votes are counted? He's going to make a right Kinnock of himself.
    A position on the gravy train as an EU commissioner no doubt, personally I think he should be given the role of middle east peace envoy as the last one was such a success

Comment

Which polls? AFAIK, most of them are neck to neck. The media have made a big thing of the 48% (Y)/52% (N) split, but it's not really a huge difference. Not as big as it was pre-September.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
        Which polls? AFAIK, most of them are neck to neck. The media have made a big thing of the 48% (Y)/52% (N) split, but it's not really a huge difference. Not as big as it was pre-September.
        Nothing like money to keep you honest. Scottish Independence Referendum Betting Odds | Oddschecker

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Having lived in Scotland for ten years, and having two jock-kids and lots of friends up there, seems to me the chavvy Scots element are all for it, the educated ones and even agents I've spoken to are No people.

The less educated seem to think that its a new beginning, honest politicians, loads of oil money, everyone will be rich, etc. Scotland is the richest whatever, and then the others who think it's same old, same old, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

For me it's where the money is, Scotland has oil (UK infra tho) as has Russia with oil/gas, doesn't stop Russia being a tulip hole and generally poor, it's now the resources are directed...
          Last edited by stek; 12 September 2014, 20:20.

Comment

He'll get a job in oil exploration.

Apparently he has developed some fantastic new techniques that can not only extract oil from empty wells, but can also squeeze blood from a stone
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

He carries on. The vote should be close enough for him to pronounce it as great progress, and virtually a success.

Especially with all the NO bribes coming up from Westminster. And if they aren't delivered it just adds to his cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                He carries on. The vote should be close enough for him to pronounce it as great progress, and virtually a success.

Especially with all the NO bribes coming up from Westminster. And if they aren't delivered it just adds to his cause.
                Yep, I suspect his goal always was devo max plus. He will be happy with that and can still call it success which, to be fair it pretty much will be.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                  Yep, I suspect his goal always was devo max plus. He will be happy with that and can still call it success which, to be fair it pretty much will be.
                  I don't think there's any doubt of that, it would be having all the cake and eating it, plus he can still whine that they want to split, but never face the harsh reality of setting up from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

I heard he's stepping down regardless of the result, or is not going to stand for re-election, or something of that elk(!)
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X