• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland voting yes is good for contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland voting yes is good for contractors

Think about all the projects coming up
    All banks moving out
    Defense industry moving out
    Government IT projects

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Think about all the projects coming up
    All banks moving out
    Defense industry moving out
    Government IT projects
    I have a non - IT transformation project lined up if there's a YES.

Comment

Yep, lots of new departments starting up. Lots of opportunities all round.

Comment

A wagon load of "offshore" tax avoidance opportunities

Wander over to the pro forums - and you can see quite a few Scottish contractors being chased by HMRC on the current set of offshore schemes are voting yes - on the basis that lawyers will be too busy for the next 5 years sorting out the carnage to get around to tax cases.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          A wagon load of "offshore" tax avoidance opportunities

Wander over to the pro forums - and you can see quite a few Scottish contractors being chased by HMRC on the current set of offshore schemes are voting yes - on the basis that lawyers will be too busy for the next 5 years sorting out the carnage to get around to tax cases.
          So I guess the answer is move to Scotland while there is time

Comment

I will be able to work 180 days in London and 180 days in Scotland without being UK tax resident so a yes vote might be good for me
            I will be able to claim expenses for 23 months up until actual independence and maybe another 23 months after independence.
            Last edited by Brussels Slumdog; 13 September 2014, 08:42.

Comment

Tar ar Albain ! An uair an Aoine seo chugainn tá sé de chumhacht celtic!
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Tar ar Albain ! An uair an Aoine seo chugainn tá sé de chumhacht celtic!
                Meeting tar Scotland! The next time this Friday He has power in celtic

I think Google lost the plot there somewhere (or your Gaelic needs brushing up )

Comment

Did not use google!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Did not use google!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    No, lol I did. So Google has lost the plot or you need to brush up

I blame Google tbh

Comment

Working...
                    X