• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

surprising?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surprising?

A child in Birmingham is now more likely to be a Muslim than Christian | Mail Online

The changing face of Britain: A child in Birmingham is now more likely to be a Muslim than Christian
    Statistics from 2011 Census show more Muslim children than Christian growing up in Birmingham
    Of 278,623 youngsters, 97,099 were registered as Muslim compared with 93,828 as Christian
    A similar trend has emerged in the cities of Bradford and Leicester
    Experts said more must be done to ensure that society does not become polarised along religious lines
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I suspect it is at least in part due to a drop in Christian children rather than an increase in the mozzies.

Comment

Not surprised at all.

Of course there are several reasons behind this.

The majority of muslims in the UK are from families originating in the North of the sub continent:-
      - They tend to have larger families with more children than many other cultural groups
      - They take their religion seriously and will register their children as muslims (none of my sons were registered with any religion and I know their census entries have no religions listed, this is far from rare with the non muslim parents I know)
      - The populations of some areas are already highly polarised

Comment

What is really concerning is the number of children registered as belonging to groups that devote their energies into following the teachings of the same imaginary being. I am less concerned that the different groups have differing views over the details of the teachings of that imaginary being.

Comment

[CoolCat]

It's all the Clerics on religious visas and all the people working in the stats office on unlimited ICT visas registering children while having access to benefits system and getting ILR willy-nilly and using the NHS all the time and now there's people coming over here on Comedy visas and taking over our telly taking all the jokes off UK comedians and offshoring them and sending them back cheaper but not funny like that one just was.

[/CoolCat]

Comment

A similar trend has emerged in the cities of Bradford and Leicester
            As a resident of Leicester, I can confirm that all this means is that the innumerable non-Muslim children who infest the city are a pack of godless monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              As a resident of Leicester, I can confirm that all this means is that the innumerable non-Muslim children who infest the city are a pack of godless monsters.
              Even the Hindu and Sikh children?

Comment

Of 278,623 youngsters, 97,099 were registered as Muslim compared with 93,828 as Christian
                The reality is that there are probably 5-10X MORE Muslims than Christians. I wasn't aware parents were supposed/able to register their child's religion in the first place? How is this done?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Even the Hindu and Sikh children?
                  Sorry, you're right. Mind you, like the Muslim children, they're fine, so I don't think of them as "infesting" the place.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Sorry, you're right. Mind you, like the Muslim children, they're fine, so I don't think of them as "infesting" the place.
                    You think the indigenous kids are bad in Leicester? Try Luton.

Comment

Working...
                    X