• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Jews Here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Jews Here

Sports Direct has apologised after two schoolboys were barred from a store by a security guard who allegedly told them: ‘No Jews, no Jews’.

link

No mention of the name of the perpetrator of this hate crime anywhere in the article.

You don't suppose it's because it would be pointing to that big ole elephant in the room again now do you?

Disgraceful.

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Sports Direct has apologised after two schoolboys were barred from a store by a security guard who allegedly told them: ‘No Jews, no Jews’.

link

No mention of the name of the perpetrator of this hate crime anywhere in the article.

You don't suppose it's because it would be pointing to that big ole elephant in the room again now do you?

Disgraceful.
    I hope you're not referring to churchy's statement that he would never work for Jews again because they're all in it for themselves and think that Gentiles are just there to be used. I thought we had all left that behind us now, so please don't bring it up again.

Comment

I am not surprised. I went into SD a few weeks ago. The security guard looked at me like I was a criminal (I had sports clothing on so I suppose he had a point). The shoes I had bought set off the alarm - till staff had not de-activated properly. So he went through my bag and the receipt. No big deal.

2 days ago I went into same shop. Bought some goggles. I was with the twins. We were in a hurry for a bus. As I went out the alarm sounded. I couldn't be bothered to stop. The shop in Eltham is on 1st floor so I went down the escalators. And down the street. Suddenly I heard someone screaming at me "Come here you!". So I turned around. And said "You come here". He did not budge. So I waved my goggles and receipt at him and invited him to call the police. And walked off.

They are rude, arrogant and useless. I hope the guards in the link get prosecuted for racist behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I am not surprised. I went into SD a few weeks ago. The security guard looked at me like I was a criminal (I had sports clothing on so I suppose he had a point). The shoes I had bought set off the alarm - till staff had not de-activated properly. So he went through my bag and the receipt. No big deal.

2 days ago I went into same shop. Bought some goggles. I was with the twins. We were in a hurry for a bus. As I went out the alarm sounded. I couldn't be bothered to stop. The shop in Eltham is on 1st floor so I went down the escalators. And down the street. Suddenly I heard someone screaming at me "Come here you!". So I turned around. And said "You come here". He did not budge. So I waved my goggles and receipt at him and invited him to call the police. And walked off.

They are rude, arrogant and useless. I hope the guards in the link get prosecuted for racist behaviour.
        As long as they are white. Only white people can be racist.....
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

No Jews Here

It's not as if there isn't a precedent, look what the Spanish did in 1492.

Btw, Judaism is a religion, not a race.

Hth but I suspect not.
          Last edited by Churchill; 16 September 2014, 10:59.

Comment

:nazi:
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              It's not as if there isn't a precedent, look what the Spanish did in 1492.

Btw, Judaism is a religion, not a race.

Hth but I suspect not.
              Judaism is a religion but wiki describes Jews as an ethnoreligious group.

Some interesting legal stuff:

As a legal concept[edit]
              Australia[edit]
              In Australian law, the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) defines "race" to include "ethnic, ethno-religious or national origin".[2] The reference to "ethno-religious" was added by the Anti-Discrimination (Amendment) Act 1994 (NSW).[3] John Hannaford, the NSW Attorney-General at the time, explained that "The effect of the latter amendment is to clarify that ethno-religious groups, such as Jews, Muslims and Sikhs, have access to the racial vilification and discrimination provisions of the Act. ...extensions of the Anti-Discrimination Act to ethno-religious groups will not extend to discrimination on the ground of religion."[4][5]

The definition of "race" in Anti-Discrimination Act 1998 (Tas) likewise includes "ethnic, ethno-religious or national origin".[6] However, unlike the NSW Act, it also prohibits discrimination on the grounds of "religious belief or affiliation" or "religious activity".[7]

Development of definition from United Kingdom law[edit]
              Main article: Mandla v Dowell-Lee
              In the United Kingdom the landmark legal case Mandla v Dowell-Lee placed a legal definition on ethnic groups with religious ties, which in turn has paved the way for definition of ethnoreligious[8] group. Both Jews[9][10][11] and Sikhs[12][13][14] were determined to be ethnoreligious groups under the Anti-Discrimination (Amendment) Act 1994 (see above).

The Anti-Discrimination (Amendment) Act 1994 made reference to Mandla v Dowell-Lee which defined ethnic groups as:

a long shared history, of which the group is conscious as distinguishing it from other groups, and the memory of which it keeps alive;
              a cultural tradition of its own, including family and social customs and manners, often but not necessarily associated with religious observance. In addition to those two essential characteristics the following characteristics are, in my opinion, relevant:
              either a common geographical origin, or descent from a small number of common ancestors;
              a common language, not necessarily peculiar to the group;
              a common literature peculiar to the group;
              a common religion different from that of neighbouring groups or from the general community surrounding it;
              being a minority or being an oppressed or dominant group within a larger community. For example, a conquered people (say, the inhabitants of England shortly after the Norman conquest) and their conquerors might both be ethnic groups
              The significance of this case was that groups like Sikhs and Jews could be protected under the Race Relations Act 1976.[13]
              It is worth remembering that Hitler and other anti-semites do not oppress Jewish people for the practice of their religion but also include secular Jews. I'm not sure how secular Jews would fit into your view.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Judaism is a religion but wiki describes Jews as an ethnoreligious group.

Some interesting legal stuff:

It is worth remembering that Hitler and other anti-semites do not oppress Jewish people for the practice of their religion but also include secular Jews. I'm not sure how secular Jews would fit into your view.
                You don't have to be sure, it's my view, not yours.

Btw, Australia? Now come on, you're scraping the barrel there.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  You don't have to be sure, it's my view, not yours.

Btw, Australia? Now come on, you're scraping the barrel there.
                  I did include the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I did include the UK.
                    Sorry, like most of your posts I couldn't be arsed reading it properly.

Comment

Working...
                    X