• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emigrating to Scotland following a yes vote.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emigrating to Scotland following a yes vote.

Near to retirement, love walking, sometime avid mountaineer and lately photographer, this might be on the cards for me

I guess the UK tax treatment would be near the same as it would be for Eire but I wonder how hard it would be to 'get in'. Would I need to stow away on a lorry in B-u-T or something?

What about immigration? | Yes Scotland

As they're going to be in the EU you're free to move there if you want to.

Comment

And if your pension's denominated in Sterling you'll get an ever increasing number of groats each month
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Maybe

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          And if your pension's denominated in Sterling you'll get an ever increasing number of groats each month
          Combine that with free unicorn powered high speed broadband and all the crude oil you can drink, and everyone's a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            What about immigration? | Yes Scotland

As they're going to be in the EU you're free to move there if you want to.
            As long as the UK stays in the EU...
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

You just have to live here and you get a passport.

Just don't be here too long though, with demographics they wont be able to afford pensioners in 20 years, they will scoop you up and turn you into soylent haggis.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                Near to retirement, love walking, sometime avid mountaineer and lately photographer, this might be on the cards for me

I guess the UK tax treatment would be near the same as it would be for Eire but I wonder how hard it would be to 'get in'. Would I need to stow away on a lorry in B-u-T or something?
                there will be an IQ test apparently. you wont be allowed in
                nay sassenach wi' an iq greater than king salmon(89.5) alood
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  As long as the UK stays in the EU...
                  There will be a separat bilateral agreement. Remember that under UK law Ireland is not a foreign country. This is why Irish citizens can vote and stand in UK General Elections.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    there will be an IQ test apparently. you wont be allowed in
                    nay sassenach wi' an iq greater than king salmon(89.5) alood
                    Why? Because I have one?

Comment

Working...
                    X