PDA

View Full Version : Omg! Omg! OM-F-G!

SimonMac
17th September 2014, 14:37
Krispy Kreme to Sell ‘Ghostbusters’ Themed Doughnuts | Variety (http://variety.com/2014/film/news/krispy-kreme-ghostbusters-donuts-1201306918/)

http://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/ghostbusters-krisby-kreme.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

Krispy Kreme and Sony Pictures have collaborated on something fans loved from their childhoods, creating two kinds of marshmallow-filled doughnuts to celebrate the Blu-Ray release of the 30th anniversary edition of “Ghostbusters.”

WANT WANT WANT!!!

d000hg
17th September 2014, 14:45
Cue someone (probably minestrone) laying into it as tasteless vile junk.

Although I find them a bit too sweet, and have no idea how they convince people to pay £2 for a doughnut...

Unix
17th September 2014, 14:48

Although I find them a bit too sweet, and have no idea how they convince people to pay £2 for a doughnut...

SimonMac is a marketing dept's wet dream of a customer. He and his kind are the reason Apple are the biggest company in the world.

eek
17th September 2014, 14:50
SimonMac is a marketing dept's wet dream of a customer. He and his kind are the reason Apple are the biggest company in the world.

The fact Apple's products just work is the reason they are the biggest company in the world.

I develop for windows but I've used Macs at home for 25 years....

And I have used Android phones and tablets. I just find Ios stable...

quackhandle
17th September 2014, 14:52
They are nice, but more than one = :puke:

qh

Unix
17th September 2014, 14:57
The fact Apple's products just work is the reason they are the biggest company in the world.

I develop for windows but I've used Macs at home for 25 years....

And I have used Android phones and tablets. I just find Ios stable...

My Nexus 5 works so does my Dishwasher and Samsung TV. Usual fanboi brainwashing were a product working is spun into a marketing phrase then sold at double the price to the gullible. :laugh

DiscoStu
17th September 2014, 14:58
My Nexus 5 works so does my Dishwasher and Samsung TV. Usual fanboi brainwashing were a product working is spun into a marketing phrase then sold at double the price to the gullible. :laugh

Will there be price controls in the utopian iScotland to stop such silliness?

CheeseSlice
17th September 2014, 15:26

Can we please have just one thread on this forum that isn't turned into a Scottish referendum debate?

Pogle
17th September 2014, 16:00
Whilst I understand the excitement of Ghostbusters themed food, I frickin hate KK doughnuts, WAAAY TOO MUCH SUGAR!!!!

So, none for this piggie :wave:

Dactylion
17th September 2014, 16:23

:wave:

To be fair KK are tulipe!

d000hg
17th September 2014, 16:28
:wave:

To be fair KK are tulipe!Who do you prefer?

I actually think Tesco are as good as anyone, on their good days. The issue is they are not consistent - some days you get light puffy ones, others you get heavy stodgy bread-like ones.

BrilloPad
17th September 2014, 16:31
They are nice, but more than one = :puke:

qh

Last Friday I had 6. It was someone's birthday at work. That was just after a large lunch too.

eek
17th September 2014, 16:34

No there will be banned by lefty greens as they use batteries or something equally stupid

BrilloPad
17th September 2014, 16:35
Who do you prefer?

I actually think Tesco are as good as anyone, on their good days. The issue is they are not consistent - some days you get light puffy ones, others you get heavy stodgy bread-like ones.

5 for 65p is good price.

Imagine you are a sigle mum and have 65p to spend on food. Do you buy 2 apples or 5 doughnuts?

Dactylion
17th September 2014, 16:36
Who do you prefer?

On the whole I prefer just about any doughnut to KK even el cheapo Lidl/Aldi or Tesco.

I think the only doughnuts I would not eat in preference to KK would be those manky things sold by street vendors where you can smell rancid fat for about 100yds in all directions.

d000hg
17th September 2014, 16:53
5 for 65p is good price.

Imagine you are a sigle mum and have 65p to spend on food. Do you buy 2 apples or 5 doughnuts?

Sad but true. Although if I was a single mum I'd eat all the doughnuts myself to try and forget.

Churchill
17th September 2014, 17:59
Krispy Kreme to Sell ‘Ghostbusters’ Themed Doughnuts | Variety (http://variety.com/2014/film/news/krispy-kreme-ghostbusters-donuts-1201306918/)

http://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/ghostbusters-krisby-kreme.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

WANT WANT WANT!!!

Have you caught "the gay"?

BrilloPad
17th September 2014, 18:00
Sad but true. Although if I was a single mum I'd eat all the doughnuts myself to try and forget.

I'd go on the game and feed my kids properly.

BrilloPad
17th September 2014, 18:37
I bet MF eats them all before before SM gets a sniff of one.

d000hg
17th September 2014, 19:03
Have you caught "the gay"?Is that another special edition doughnut?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4113/5047079995_7155781e68_z.jpg

greenlake
17th September 2014, 19:20
Last Friday I had 6. It was someone's birthday at work. That was just after a large lunch too.

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/86/b0/cd/86b0cde5b6c36d15314660219008b2b0.jpg

Gittins Gal
17th September 2014, 19:33
I just asked OH to pick some up on the way through Paddington tomorrow only to notice that Simon Mac didn't read the small print.

Available in Krispy Kreme stores in the US and Canada :mad:

d000hg
17th September 2014, 19:36
You're hanging out with OldHack?

darmstadt
17th September 2014, 19:47
I'm quite partial to a Berliner or 3...

http://static.chefkoch-cdn.de/ck.de/rezepte/60/60361/46022-big-berliner-pfannkuchen.jpg

vetran
18th September 2014, 07:25
You're hanging out with OldHack?

Orange Hopper?

mudskipper
18th September 2014, 07:30
OwlHoot?

norrahe
18th September 2014, 07:33
Junk or not, I do like them, but we don't seem to have them in cloggers.

vetran
18th September 2014, 07:37
Junk or not, I do like them, but we don't seem to have them in cloggers.

maybe that is part of the reason your obesity levels are lower?

lumps of sugar with a high price tag. brilliant marketing though.

DaveB
18th September 2014, 07:49
KK always look really good but never taste as good as you expect them to.

Every so often I succumb and buy one in the hopes it will taste as good as it looks. They never do.

norrahe
18th September 2014, 07:52
maybe that is part of the reason your obesity levels are lower?

lumps of sugar with a high price tag. brilliant marketing though.

Have you seen the food in cloggers, they deep fry everything.

Obesity may be lower but heart problems are not.

MaryPoppins
18th September 2014, 08:25

Patronising twat.

d000hg
18th September 2014, 08:30
Patronising twat.Thanks for being so caring. I don't see how admitting that being a single parent would make me miserable deserves that response. I didn't say there was anything WRONG with being a single parent, I just hate the idea of having kids and doing so alone would be even worse. Calm down.

MaryPoppins
18th September 2014, 08:32
Thanks for being so caring. I don't see how admitting that being a single parent would make me miserable deserves that response. I didn't say there was anything WRONG with being a single parent, I just hate the idea of having kids and doing so alone would be even worse. Calm down.

No problem, caring's what I do.

SimonMac
18th September 2014, 08:38
Patronising twat.

Thanks for being so caring. I don't see how admitting that being a single parent would make me miserable deserves that response. I didn't say there was anything WRONG with being a single parent, I just hate the idea of having kids and doing so alone would be even worse. Calm down.

No problem, caring's what I do.

Play nicely and can we go back to the original point of this thread, taking the piss out of me for being a marketing departments wet dream of someone with more money then sense and low tolerance to impulse purchases??

:hug:

MaryPoppins
18th September 2014, 08:39
Play nicely and can we go back to the original point of this thread, taking the piss out of me for being a marketing departments wet dream of someone with more money then sense and low tolerance to impulse purchases??

Bugger off, before I start on you too :happy

Unix
18th September 2014, 08:40

Is the iPhone 6 in the stores yet? I want to go look at it might buy one after all :D

SimonMac

Luffffffffeeeeeeessssss eeeeeewwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeee x

vetran
Me Me Me!!!

FTFY

SimonMac
18th September 2014, 08:41
Is the iPhone 6 in the stores yet? I want to go look at it might buy one after all :D

:rollin:

Sorry all the Fanboi's have snapped them up

d000hg

Go buy a bag of doughnuts to cheer yourself up :ladybags::devil:igmc:

Pondlife
Play nicely and can we go back to the original point of this thread, taking the piss out of me for being a marketing departments wet dream of someone with more money then sense and soon to be Type 2 Diabetes??

FTFY :eek:

SimonMac
18th September 2014, 09:50
FTFY

Isn't that what general is about :p