• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you want to get fresh rub my bumps!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to get fresh rub my bumps!

'Bump Mark' label can tell you whether your food is off with the swipe of a finger  | Daily Mail Online

Is this the end for use-by dates? Young inventor develops 'Bump Mark' label which can tell you whether your food is off with the swipe of a finger
    Solveiga Pakstaite's label changes texture as food inside packet goes off
    Sticker starts off smooth but over time develops bumps as gelatine decays
    The 22-year-old graduate was inspired after working with blind people
    She is the British winner of James Dyson Award for product design
    Miss Pakstaite has won £2,000 in prize money and has applied for a patent
    absolute genius.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Heard about this on R4 this morning, very well deserved, fingers crossed it makes it to market.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

You could make a variant which changes colour, so the packaging shows a huge skull and crossbones as the food goes off.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        You could make a variant which changes colour, so the packaging shows a huge skull and crossbones as the food goes off.
        Not so helpful for blind people.

I use the sniff test.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          No, but the other 95%+ of the population might appreciate a more immediate indicator given that you often cannot tell food is safe by looking at it, especially in a sealed packet.

Although... why don't packages put the use-by-date in braille? Or do they and I never noticed?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I use the sniff test.
            The bumps are for the blind.

yes but colour is very useful for supermarket staff who can quickly review packets visually.

The beauty of the design is it decays at the same speed so if someone takes a packet out of the fridge and decides they don't want it and leaves it on the side the label records the degradation.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X