• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online storage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online storage

Can anybody suggest a FREE and SECURE place on the net where I can copy data to. I'm on my last day onsite and want to take home copies of the things that I have done. Some are too big to email and I have lost my memory stick.

I have tried a couple but they seem to be ones where you have to download sw or are only free for a short time.

Cheers
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Tony,

lunch time, buy a memory stick

Milan.

Comment

Can't - We are aout in the sticks. There is nothing araound here. USB ports blocked also. Tried using FTP to dump to my webspace but its blocked.

I used one of these storage spaces before but can't remeber the name of it.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

how big is the stuff you want to send can't you set up a gmail account - 2gb of space and email it there ?

Milan.

Comment

google - Results 1 - 10 of about 137,000,000 for free online storage. (0.17 seconds) ... sorry, ska!

Comment

www.yousendit.com

You can send up to 2gb. Sorted!
            l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

"google - Results 1 - 10 of about 137,000,000 for free online storage. (0.17 seconds) ... sorry, ska!"

I know, but many want you to download client sw and many claim to be free but actually only offer a free trial. I was hoping that somebody could recommend one which they knew to be free and worked ok.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Pay for it or encrypt what you upload. A lot of people tend to use these as convenient places to rip stuff off from.

Apple do a thing called iDisk which is pretty good - it's a WebDAV filesystem so you can mount it as a local disk on a mac or a PC. You get 10Gb of space for about £68 a year with and it's all stored encrypted.
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

You say you tried FTP to upload to your site. Could another way work? Know nothing about the technicalities but I have found that php or perl file uploaders seems to work where FTP doesn't. Plenty free ones on net, only took me about 20 mins to get working. Or there may be an upload utility on your site control.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You could always print it all out and then scan it back in
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X