• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bobs and chilled water

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobs and chilled water

The clientco canteen has a cold drinking water dispenser with two taps, a chilled water tap, which all the Europeans naturally use, and next to that a "room temperature" tap.

The other day there was a queue of Bobs waiting to fill their plastic cups, and bizarrely they were all using the luke warm water tap.

I actually asked if it was OK to queue jump and fill my cup from the chilled tap, and they agreed, saying it was too cold!

Perhaps they would ideally prefer boiling hot drinking water they can sip like tea.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Maybe they're just not used to it. Even in the UK people grow up drinking tap water in most cases and in warmer countries, tap water is warm - or you wouldn't have the resources to justify cooling bottled water.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      The clientco canteen has a cold drinking water dispenser with two taps, a chilled water tap, which all the Europeans naturally use, and next to that a "room temperature" tap.

The other day there was a queue of Bobs waiting to fill their plastic cups, and bizarrely they were all using the luke warm water tap.

I actually asked if it was OK to queue jump and fill my cup from the chilled tap, and they agreed, saying it was too cold!

Perhaps they would ideally prefer boiling hot drinking water they can sip like tea.
      Bull tulip! I always go for the non-chilled tap as do many others I know, Bob or non-Bob. Non-chilled water goes down much easier especially when you've just finished a run or gym workout.

What are you, Bob prejudiced or just plain thick?

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
        What are you, Bob prejudiced or just plain thick?
        OH was making observation and asking a question - I couldn't see any problem with that.

Now, being verdana font prejudiced does show a level of thickness because my browser shows it as that by default...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          OH was making observation and asking a question - I couldn't see any problem with that.

Now, being verdana font prejudiced does show a level of thickness because my browser shows it as that by default...
          If it was a queue of white boys he wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Verdana font etc? Are you in debug or something?

Comment

If it was a queue of white boys he wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Verdana font etc? Are you in debug or something?
            Yes but everyone knows that white men can't queue jump.

Too much touchiness round here,

But seriously, I want to know how he knew all the bobs were waiting for the warm slurp?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
              Yes but everyone knows that white men can't queue jump.

Originally posted by tractor View Post
              Too much touchiness round here,

But seriously, I want to know how he knew all the bobs were waiting for the warm slurp?

because he watched then asked?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

because he watched then asked?

Shame he doesn't work with more nationalities who weren't brought up in Europe. Otherwise he would see some Aussies and Saffers drinking room temperature water.

I did have to explain to one Aussie why in the UK it's not generally safe to drink from the hot tap. He was mixing his cold water with hot water to get it to the right temperature to drink. Oddly they don't like their tulip beer that temperature it has to be cold. Probably so they can't taste how tulip it truly is.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If it was a queue of white boys he wouldn't have given it a second thought. ..
                  If it was a queue of "white boys" (why not girls too BTW?) waiting for the luke warm water, and another queue of "white boys" waiting for the chilled water then there would be nothing to comment about would there, you utter muppet

It seemed comment worthy that all the Bobs I saw preferred the luke warm water, and everyone else went for the chilled.

But I didn't watch the water dispenser all day. So yes, if you insist, I'd concede there may be Bobs who would venture to drink the chilled water, and "white boys" who would go for the luke warm water.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

But I didn't watch the water dispenser all day. So yes, if you insist, I'd concede there may be Bobs who would venture to drink the chilled water, and "white boys" who would go for the luke warm water.
                    I think it's more of how you phrased the question rather than what you asked that he has a problem with.....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X