• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thunder and Lightning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunder and Lightning

Currently sat in candlelight all alone at Gittins Towers.

There was a real humdinger at around 8pm. The storm was directly overhead and it wasn't so much raining stairrods as raining steroids.

Looks like OH's newly seeded lawn has taken a bit of a battering. In fact, it looked like the Somme in the twilight earlier as I peered out through the window.

Anyway, sat here all alone in the dark with a box of candles at my side to keep me going through the night. What am I going to do for ennertainment? Can't even play charades on my own

Anyone else being affected by these weather events?

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post

There was a real humdinger at around 8pm. The storm was directly overhead and it wasn't so much raining stairrods as raining steroids.

Looks like OH's newly seeded lawn has taken a bit of a battering. In fact, it looked like the Somme in the twilight earlier as I peered out through the window.

Anyway, sat here all alone in the dark with a box of candles at my side to keep me going through the night. What am I going to do for ennertainment? Can't even play charades on my own

Haven't you got anything with batteries?
    I do mean a torch of course.

Comment

Anyway, sat here all alone in the dark with a box of candles at my side to keep me going through the night. What am I going to do for ennertainment?
      A "Gal" alone in the dark with a box of candles....
      What can she do to entertain herself?

Oh puuuurleeeeze!!

Comment

Technically it's lightning and thunder.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Technically it's lightning and thunder.
          Very true.

Lightning and thunder now in north east London. Woke me up.
          Could it be that the gods are displeased with the Scottish referendum?

Comment

Thunder and Lightning

You really are such an attention whore.

Shall we send Brillo round to rescue you from a night of shoving candles up your arse? He could do that for you.

Comment

Was it very, very frightening?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Well you obviously have some form of electricity or was this post sent by courier pigeon?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Well you obviously have some form of electricity or was this post sent by courier pigeon?
                  Phone? Tablet? I give you carrier pigeon though, another viable explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Unless this thread is another attention seeking load of made up bollox.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X