• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New treat for F1 fans without Sky Sports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOW TV launches £10.99 Sky Sports Week Pass, but for limited time only

Great if you want to watch qualification and the race without buying two passes.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

NOW TV only exists to suck hardy freeviewers into Sky's subscription web...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      +1. I've had four emails already on the same lines but with the football. It's all free anyway...

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I've got Sky (they phoned me up and said "do you want it free again?") and even I am not tempted to subscribe to Sports. I'd love to if I could just buy the F1 channel, but I can't.

Comment

NOW TV only exists so that the tech-savvy can get a media player by Roku without having to pay over the odds, but will still stream from any decent source
          FTFY.

Cheapest media streaming device around.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            FTFY.

I've been tempted to get one purely because they often come with 5 sports day-passes. Do they work well? I've got the PS3 so am not sure if it's any benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              FTFY.

Well, since I'm not tech savvy, I just gave it back to John Lewis and got a refund.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Currently I have sat sitting under the telly a defunct Sky HD box (managed to cancel after much wrangling and threats to take to the ombudsman) a NowTV box, a YouView box & a DVD player that lets me stream NetFlix plus a data switch to share the ethernet between the YouView & NetFlix

need to do some consolidating but not sure (besides the Sky box) what to lose

Netflix - just discovered Breaking Bad & it is amazingballs
                YouView - less content but has the HDD recorder (could upgrade the DVD player to get the HDD)
                NowTV - was great for True Detective - but little used recently
                Sky HD - will not go back due to tightening of contracts to make it harder to escape

NetFlix is being using daughters subscription (i.e. free as second device)
                NowTV - need to check if this is costing even though not being used
                YouView - Monthly deal with bundle from BT
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I've got Sky HD, so I get the F1.
                  I don't have any other sports channels though.
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                    I've got Sky HD, so I get the F1.
                    I don't have any other sports channels though.
                    You can't get that any more. The f1 with he option disappeared in May 2013
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X