• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staying at a Hotel when there's a Wedding going on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staying at a Hotel when there's a Wedding going on

Has this ever happened to you?

I was made mindful of this the other day after a conversation with a colleague who was telling me that she and her OH had gone down to Dartmoor for a quiet break away from the kids one Saturday night recently.

They stayed at the Two Bridges Hotel - a very nice place, as it happens, in a lovely tranquil spot. At least it was when I last went there but her weekend, as it transpired, wasn't quite as peaceful and relaxing as she had hoped for.

You see, there was a wedding reception going on and all the guests were also booked in to stay the night.

I don't think the issue was that they were particularly rowdy - though there were quite a few in high spirits as the Lambrini flowed - it was more the fact that they were practically the only people there, other than the staff, who were not part of the wedding party.

This made them very uncomfortable - as though they were gatecrashing another person's party.

She told me she complained to the management about this situation but was informed that it was hotel policy to book out all rooms regardless.

Personally, I think if a wedding party is going to account for more than a given percentage of maximum occupancy then they should have to book out the hotel exclusively to that wedding. Either that or they inform guests that are independent of the wedding reception that there will be a wedding in progress on the date of their stay so that they can make an informed decision as to whether or not to proceed with the booking based on that information.

Why do people need a break from their kids?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Wait until you've bred then ask again

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Why do people need a break from their kids?
        You, sir, have no kids.
        World's Best Martini

Comment

The one thing better than getting away from your kids is getting away from other people's brats

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
            Personally, I think if a wedding party is going to account for more than a given percentage of maximum occupancy then they should have to book out the hotel exclusively to that wedding. Either that or they inform guests that are independent of the wedding reception that there will be a wedding in progress on the date of their stay so that they can make an informed decision as to whether or not to proceed with the booking based on that information.
            Some places do tell you, I'm sure. But I can only remember once in the last 2-3 years we actually spoke to a person at the hotel when making a booking... typically one books online.

Maybe your friends should ask this kind of thing, it's a sensible question to ask.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yes, happen to Mrs Scooter and I when we were in India. My goodness do those Indians know how to party.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Jesus. Your made up anecdotes are now so pathetically pointless that you don't even feature in them yourself anymore.

Someone you once worked with stayed in a hotel and there was a wedding going on. FFS!

I miss Gricer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                  Has this ever happened to you?

I was made mindful of this the other day after a conversation with a colleague who was telling me that she and her OH had gone down to Dartmoor for a quiet break away from the kids one Saturday night recently.

They stayed at the Two Bridges Hotel - a very nice place, as it happens, in a lovely tranquil spot. At least it was when I last went there but her weekend, as it transpired, wasn't quite as peaceful and relaxing as she had hoped for.

You see, there was a wedding reception going on and all the guests were also booked in to stay the night.

I don't think the issue was that they were particularly rowdy - though there were quite a few in high spirits as the Lambrini flowed - it was more the fact that they were practically the only people there, other than the staff, who were not part of the wedding party.

This made them very uncomfortable - as though they were gatecrashing another person's party.

She told me she complained to the management about this situation but was informed that it was hotel policy to book out all rooms regardless.

Are you practicing writing short stories? There are some dicks on here that will jump in and correct your spelling with a f*king stupid emoticon, but there must be better ways to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Jesus. Your made up anecdotes are now so pathetically pointless that you don't even feature in them yourself anymore.

Someone you once worked with stayed in a hotel and there was a wedding going on. FFS!

I miss Gricer.
                    we all missed Gricer, hadn't got my sights adjusted properly.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X