• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown promises to "lock in today the promises that we have made"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Brown promises to "lock in today the promises that we have made"

here on the beeb

Alex Salmond also referred to the promises made by Mr Brown in his resignation speech

Can anyone explain to me WTF it has to do with Gordon Brown? He is an ex prime minister and an ex chancellor and member of an opposition party. Why is he even saying anything?

Can he promise to crawl away and vanish shortly afterwards, too?

He is a whingey, self-important twat who will spew any lie to emotionally manipulate others. I.e. a model politician.

Comment

I don't understand either. An unelected politician debating what where and when, what the hell is going on?

No one elected him as PM before, and now he's going for a 2nd run on the Scots.

Day's ago the Scots where elated with the prospect of change and now lord vader has mad himself ruler. Flipping heck,
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I don't understand either. An unelected politician debating what where and when, what the hell is going on?

No one elected him as PM before, and now he's going for a 2nd run on the Scots.

Day's ago the Scots where elated with the prospect of change and now lord vader has mad himself ruler. Flipping heck,
        I find your lack of faith...dirsturbing
        -Lord 'Bobble-eye' Vader Brown, 2014 , episode xxv1, 'The pea brain strikes back'

check it out on wookie pedia
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          I find your lack of faith...dirsturbing
          -Lord 'Bobble-eye' Vader Brown, 2014 , episode xxv1, 'The pea brain strikes back'

check it out on wookie pedia
          tulip, was that Gordon Brown ?? I thought Tony Blair had put on a couple of stone and had a stroke.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            tulip, was that Gordon Brown ?? I thought Tony Blair had put on a couple of stone and had a stroke.
            The ability to impersonate a bobble eyed twat is insignificant next to the power of the force
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

'master Yoda. If I seek independance for the rebel alliance, and yet we fail'
              'What should I do then, master ?'

Yoda-
              'Bend over, take the westmister bargepole and keep your whining gob shut, you must. Yeesssssss.'
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Gordon Brown

Gordon Brown

Gordon Brown, Gordon Brown, Gordon Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                  here on the beeb

Alex Salmond also referred to the promises made by Mr Brown in his resignation speech

Can anyone explain to me WTF it has to do with Gordon Brown? He is an ex prime minister and an ex chancellor and member of an opposition party. Why is he even saying anything?
                  He's the last person to have led a political party that has actually won a General Election in this country. That gives him better standing than Cameron or Clegg, neither of whom have won jack tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    neither of whom have won jack tulip.
                    Of course if you go down that route, nor did Gordon Brown, shirley? His party may have elected him leader, but when it came to the public vote he was royally kicked in the backside.

What I don't understand is in what capacity he is making promises. He is currently no more than a back bench MP, and a deeply unpopular one in, shall we say, the greater part of the UK.

Comment

Working...
                    X