• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn chill on the way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn chill on the way

Temperatures set to plummet by 59 degrees in some parts of England

Must say I've rather enjoyed wearing shorts in this balmy September

First one to fire up the CH is a wuss
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Isn't it minestrone's missus who's usually the first switch it on? Sure it drove him mental a while back

Comment

Hahaha.

Yet again somebody feeds a temperature difference into a Celcius to Fahrenheit calculator and comes up with the wrong answer.

See what they did here:

While the warm weather enjoyed so far this month will continue by day, with highs of around 68F (20C), the temperature will plummet by as much as 59F (15C) in some areas of England and Scotland.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

That's shameful reporting. Someone obviously googled what 15c was in Fahrenheit without thinking about it for a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          That's shameful reporting. Someone obviously googled what 15c was in Fahrenheit without thinking about it for a minute.
          It isn't the first time I've seen a reporter doing this, and I don't expect it to be the last.

Comment

Today was the 1st day of Autumn where I live. And as it will also be the Autumnal Equinox soon it was quite fitting really..

I'll have to wear a coat tomorrow morning, a cardi just won't cut it on the commute anymore..
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Checked out the weather for impending family holiday today.

Dubai 35C
              Mauritius 25C

I'll worry about a coat in November
              Last edited by oracleslave; 21 September 2014, 18:09. Reason: Speling

Comment

Nice and toasty in cloggers today, supposed to hit more autumnal temperatures this week.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  a cardi just won't cut it on the commute anymore..
                  I ask merely for information, but, do you keep cats?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Today was the 1st day of Autumn where I live. And as it will also be the Autumnal Equinox soon it was quite fitting really..

I'll have to wear a coat tomorrow morning, a cardi just won't cut it on the commute anymore..
                    The nights are drawing in too.

I drew the curtains just after 7:30 tonight. Last week it was 8 before I did that.

Comment

Working...
                    X