• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD Accountancy & Nixon Williams sold!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD Accountancy & Nixon Williams sold!

SJD Accountancy and Nixon Williams in £100 million acquisition :: Contractor UK

Interesting ....
    Last edited by saptastic; 22 September 2014, 09:41.

Fees going up again then...?
    Blood in your poo

Comment

InTouch next ?

Comment

This makes me glum....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And a ex BT guy running the whole thing hmmmmmm. It would also have been nice as an SJD customer to have been told about this and not have to find out via a press release.

Comment

Would be good to have some official comms from NW and SJD on what this will mean for customers as I'm sure this has been worked on for sometime. I have seen nothing from NW today.

Comment

Originally posted by davetza View Post
              And a ex BT guy running the whole thing hmmmmmm. It would also have been nice as an SJD customer to have been told about this and not have to find out via a press release.
              Possibly but it could be the news of the deal has broken before the dust has settled enough for them to be able to know what to put in the press release. It's not uncommon for a deal to hit the news before shareholders/customers find out.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If nothing else, it confirms that, despite HMRC's best efforts, the contractor's way of working is here to stay- A PE firm wouldn't be splashing that dosh for a short term business.

Also, the value to recurring fee income is interesting if the £100m deal value is to be believed. It'll have a lot of accountants reaching for their calculators - an the phone numbers of potential buyers.

Comment

Glad I switched accountants from NW if they left their customers in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                    Glad I switched accountants from NW if they left their customers in the dark.
                    If, as it says in the article, both companies will continue to operate as normal, why would that make any difference whether they tell you or not?
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X