• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should we listen to his Blairship?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we listen to his Blairship?

Tony Blair: People should listen to my advice on Isis as I have been to war in Iraq before - Telegraph

Mr Blair, whose premiership was defined by the Iraq War, has said that although there may be “no appetite” for a ground fight it may become necessary.

However when challenged that he would be the last person people would turn to for advice of the threat posed by IS he said it was “worth appreciating” that having “faced these decisions in Government” he had learnt important lessons about battling terrorists in Iraq.

A pity he has not learnt about listening to the electorate. Or about inventing reasons to go to war.

Interesting that in his role as a middle east peace envoy he is advocating war.

Most of the electorate have realized that the West does no good in Iraq. We are best kept out of it. Shame our politicians are too stupid to understand.
    No
    23.08%
    I would rather hear AndyW's mum's toot-toot toot
    76.92%

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Tony Blair: People should listen to my advice on Isis as I have been to war in Iraq before - Telegraph

Mr Blair, whose premiership was defined by the Iraq War, has said that although there may be “no appetite” for a ground fight it may become necessary.

However when challenged that he would be the last person people would turn to for advice of the threat posed by IS he said it was “worth appreciating” that having “faced these decisions in Government” he had learnt important lessons about battling terrorists in Iraq.

A pity he has not learnt about listening to the electorate. Or about inventing reasons to go to war.

Most of the electorate have realized that the West does no good in Iraq. We are best kept out of it. Shame our politicians are too stupid to understand.
    He's Philanthropist of the Year don't ya know?

His kids are of an age where we can stick a rifle in their hands and send them over first. We'll be right behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
      He's Philanthropist of the Year don't ya know?

His kids are of an age where we can stick a rifle in their hands and send them over first. We'll be right laughing from the safety of the home front behind you.
      ftfy

stabbity stab as Xoggy says!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        ftfy

stabbity stab as Xoggy says!
        I forgot to put in a in my last post

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I think that's only a part-time job. Or perhaps he's just advocating war in his spare time.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I think that's only a part-time job. Or perhaps he's just advocating war in his spare time.
            Maybe there's too much peace in the Middle East so he needs a bit of war to justify his Peace Envoy title.

Comment

stabbity stab stab as already said
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                Maybe there's too much peace in the Middle East so he needs a bit of war to justify his Peace Envoy title.
                Maybe he thinks he's meant to be a Peas Envoy.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Maybe he thinks he's meant to be a Peas Envoy.
                  thats it.

'praise be to Alan. Pease be upon him'
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I suppose one could always listen to his advice and do the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                    X