• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

August 2014 Warmest on record, globally

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 2014 Warmest on record, globally

.. according to NASA. Following on from the warmest May and June on record.

Half a million people were concerned enough to go marching,

Whatever else has, or has not, 'paused', political will is a renewable resource ...
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Yay, warmer summers!
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Toastie
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        Half a million people were concerned enough to go marching
        Inspired by well renowned climate expert Emma Thompson.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Who cares about the past?

Will I be able to do lots of cycling training this winter?

Comment

Scottish independence would have meant higher average temperatures for the UK for ever more. Bloody Scots.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

There's no point in doing anything now. In 2009 scientists announced that there was only 4 years to save the earth but nothing happened, and CO2 emissions carried on rising unabated.

President Obama 'has four years to save Earth' | Environment | The Observer

The Eco-Disaster is now upon us, so there's no point in making a fuss over spilt milk.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Things will get alot warmer when WW3 starts and the nukes start flying.

Comment

I have decided to develop my summer retreat here:

For sale: Norway's pristine Arctic wilderness - the coal-rich Svalbard Islands - Europe - World - The Independent
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    There's no point in doing anything now. In 2009 scientists announced that there was only 4 years to save the earth but nothing happened, and CO2 emissions carried on rising unabated.

President Obama 'has four years to save Earth' | Environment | The Observer

The Eco-Disaster is now upon us, so there's no point in making a fuss over spilt milk.
                    Well, not quite nothing. Obama would be lucky to get a full Climate Act past the deniers in the Republican party, however The US Environment Protection Agency ruled in December 2009 that greenhouse gas emissions present an 'endangerment' under the Clean Air Act. This finding is subject to judicial review and was interesting in that various 'sceptical' arguments were advanced and dismissed during the assessment.

This of itself does not impose any new regulations on industry, however it is enabling legislation; it means such new laws must take it into account, as happened when US regulations for vehicle emissions were reviewed in 2010 and 2011, and for power plants earlier this year:-

Obama unveils historic rules to reduce coal pollution by 30% | Environment | The Guardian
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X