• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchill - Racist and White Supremacist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Churchill - Racist and White Supremacist

According to Labour candidate.

Link

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    According to Labour candidate.

Link

Also has ulcerative Colitis & takes drugs so I heard.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I have no idea. Don't really care.
      But I'm sure there'd be the same outrage if someone said the same about Ghandi - but it's true! (well... not the whet supremacist bit).

Comment

Another revoting leftie with an inferiority/guilt complex
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          I have no idea. Don't really care.
          But I'm sure there'd be the same outrage if someone said the same about Ghandi - but it's true! (well... not the whet supremacist bit).
          My favourite anti Gandhi smear is that he used to sleep naked with his teenage nieces to test his purity.

As for Churchill, it see unlikely that he believed that all races were equal. WGAS nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            My favourite anti Gandhi smear is that he used to sleep naked with his teenage nieces to test his purity.

As for Churchill, it see unlikely that he believed that all races were equal. WGAS nowadays.
            Yep it was different era with different views and morals.

The one thing I think when I see people complaining long dead person is racist / homophobic.... is that they aren't bright. If the only way you look at things is through today's morals they will be very surprised when the next generation of fools think the same about them.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

The one thing I think when I see people complaining long dead person is racist / homophobic.... is that they aren't bright. If the only way you look at things is through today's morals they will be very surprised when the next generation of fools think the same about them.
              Yeah you hear people moaning about Hitler all the time, but back then Jew killing was the done thing.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

The biggest critique of Churchill that I know (and in the interest of fairness there are disputes around it, and certainly there were other more critical factors than Churchill's attitudes and policies) relates to the Bengal famine:

Generally the estimates are between 1.5 and 4 million,considering death due to starvation, malnutrition and disease, out of Bengal's 60.3 million population.
                By August 1943 Churchill refused to release shipping to send food to India. Initially during the famine he was more concerned with the civilians of Nazi occupied Greece (who were also suffering from a famine) compared with the Bengalis, noting that the “starvation of anyhow underfed Bengalis is less serious than that of sturdy Greeks”
                Bengal famine of 1943 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Treated Bomber Harris awfully made him the scapegoat for Dresden, et al. and Bomber Command in general after following his directives during the bombing campaigns.

Always a politician first was Winnie.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    Treated Bomber Harris awfully made him the scapegoat for Dresden, et al. and Bomber Command in general after following his directives during the bombing campaigns.

Always a politician first was Winnie.

qh
                    Yes, he was an advocate of reprisal bombing on civilian targets.

Churchill proposed 'three for one' bombing of German villages in retaliation for massacre of Czech civilians | UK news | The Guardian

Winston Churchill wanted the RAF to wipe out German villages in retaliation for the massacre of Czech civilians in the village of Lidice, wartime cabinet documents have revealed.

[...]

The plan to attack small villages "on a three-for-one basis" was formed in the summer of 1942 five days after German forces murdered most of the 450 occupants of Lidice, a village north of Prague, in retaliation for the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich, deputy leader of the SS.

Churchill abandoned the plan only in the face of opposition from cabinet colleagues, who feared that the lives of aircrews would be placed needlessly at risk. Clement Attlee, the dominions secretary and future Labour prime minister, said he believed it unwise "to enter into competition in frightfulness with the Germans". On June 15 Churchill conceded, saying: "My instinct is strongly the other way ... I submit unwillingly to the view of cabinet against."

Comment

Working...
                    X