• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drag Queens V FaceBook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag Queens V FaceBook

What with all the furore over drag queens not using birth names on their Facebook Accounts I was wondering so do all of you honest & upright examples of citizenship use a alter ego on FB?

My personal view is that until society accepts that any legal behaviour is fine & when people do not judge others doing whatever their personal political, religious, social view holds as wrong, then you can get snarky about alter egos.

The cynic in me just thinks this is FB’s way of getting more data to sell.
    No, I have nothing to hide neither should anyone else
    12.50%
    Yes, I am not a number & I have a private life
    75.00%
    Andyw’s mum does not care what she calls me
    12.50%
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

The furore has passed me by.

Linky?

(Nose to grindstone today...)

Comment

Why not have a professional page and a personal account, much easier, but then again thats what Facebook wants so it can limit showing of the posts on pages unless paid for, so Facebook are trying to push people down avenues which generate them a profit, which they are perfectly in their right to do
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        The furore has passed me by.

Linky?

(Nose to grindstone today...)
        Linky

Not the greatest of news pages but I am restricted on the works laptop
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

This looks more to be about cash than anything else as SM said.

Just had a quick looky at my FB friends list and there are two people who have nicknames instead of given names and a couple of married friends with a surname that references current and maiden. My understanding was that someone needed to complain or point out to the FB police that the data was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Why not have a professional page and a personal account
            Isn't linked in for professional stuff and facebook for personal?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Isn't linked in for professional stuff and facebook for personal?
              He keeps his drag queen work separate from his IT work.

His friends would be mortified to know he wore sandals with socks during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                He keeps his drag queen work separate from his IT work.

His friends would be completely unsurprised to know he wore sandals with socks during the day.
                FTFY
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                X