• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travel insurance policy rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel insurance policy rant

Recently I've just had to make a claim, after my daughter was involved in an accident. Two days passed in Gatwick airport before a return flight could be arranged.

The policy has an excess of €150. Fine. €800 of receipts later I'm filling out the claim form.

As it now turns out, the excess per person (x4 of us) €600. But the policy cover does not specify 'per person' on the schedule.

Columbus is the name of the company you want to avoid.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

It's not uncommon - what does the policy document actually say?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      It's not uncommon - what does the policy document actually say?
      This is it, the quote for the family. But my mistake for assuming that excess for also for the family. Although it does not say on here 'per person'

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Why don't you do something more effective than ranting here?

While it's your fault for not reading the small print the documents are confusing and that's unfair.

Put in a written complaint to Columbus and when they give you a tulip reply, either take it up with the FOS if you feel pissed about the monetary loss or the FCA if you don't. You do have to be able to prove that you sent a complaint letter to Columbus.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Why don't you do something more effective than ranting here?

While it's your fault for not reading the small print the documents are confusing and that's unfair.

Put in a written complaint to Columbus and when they give you a tulip reply, either take it up with the FOS if you feel pissed about the monetary loss or the FCA if you don't. You do have to be able to prove that you sent a complaint letter to Columbus.
          I'd be spending one month every year reading the small print of everything I sign. That's not going to happen. When I buy a I product I expect one page in plain English, not a book.

Comment

Working...
          X