• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who has bad posture?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has bad posture?

My back and neck is killing me. The only problem about working at different sites all the time is the fact you never land up with the same chair/desk.

This one is crap. As a contactor can i complain about health & safety?
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 8 September 2006, 10:55.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    My back and neck is killing me. The only problem about working at different sites all the time is the fact you never land up with the same chair/desk.

Of course you can...and buy a Tempur mattress !

Comment

My back's been knackered for over a year. It's all the driving that knacks it. Nowt I can do about that.

Before anyone else suggests it, I refuse to get one of those quaint beaded seats.............

Comment

Can you not just buy your own chair, claim back the tax, and take it to whatever site you are on?
        Or does that just rile embittered permies even more?

Comment

I've got a really nice chair on this contract, its one of them webbed back things that adjusts all over....not so bad, oh and a foot rest ect....where I'm at for hte moment is very hot on DSE.
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

If you have employers liability insurance, you could sue your company for putting you in an unsafe situation !
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass
              Can you not just buy your own chair, claim back the tax, and take it to whatever site you are on?
              Or does that just rile embittered permies even more?
              I take my chair with me. It shows the permies who's who.

HTH
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Nice

Comment

I had a heated discussion when we were setting up our offices. The other principals wanted to save costs everywhere such as buying cheap second hand office furniture. I agreed, but stuck out for a couple of things. Good quality chairs and flat screens. Given the amount of time spent sitting and staring at the screens I though it would be a false economy if we (i.e. me) fell ill or wanted to get away from their workstations at any opportunity. I won the day in the end. I think all agree that it has paid off well.
                  Blair, you cannot reach me now,
                  No matter how you try,
                  Goodbye cruel Labour,
                  Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

ON the subject of chairs does anyone else find that the ones allocated are often really filthy? Big greasy marks on the arms, huge shiny black stain in the front middle between legs sort of area, I shudder to think how it gets like that. Floor beneath usually looks like a corpse has sat there and decayed for a few months before anyone noticed. Greasy black marks on keyboards, big stains all over the desk. Surprised one does not get bubonic plague at some places.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X