• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contract - Need New Composite or Ltd Quick - Options?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Contract - Need New Composite or Ltd Quick - Options?

Hi All,

I've read through the sticky post and a few others, and am still unsure what I should do. I have a contract I am to start on Monday. This my first contract in a while (as I've been a permie for the 1 1/2 years). Last time I was contracting I was using Gabem...but due to their legal troubles I don't wish to use them again. What are my options for setting up a company and/or joining a composite today so I can start work on Monday? Can you give me some names of respectable composites? Is SJD Solutions respectable...they are a link from www.contractor umbrella.com for managed limited companies? If I use the Ltd Company Service on this site for 75 pounds I should be ready to go for Monday right?

Thanks a bunch.

Astro

Yes they are respectable - but you are not going to get agency contracts cleared unless some accountancy co has an off the shelf company - and you have no banking set up yet.
    To run in 24 hours is going to be stressful. If it was me, I'd ask agency about if you can change umbrella to limited mid contract, and if you can, run umbrella initially, for a few weeks whilst you get everything in place. Would be less stressful to my mind.

Comment

Or you could get the ball rolling with the LTD and just not send any invoices out to your agent for a couple of weeks while it is all being set up.

I would do this as you don't have the all the arsing about, switching who your money goes to half way through the contract, etc (which the agent is bound to cock up somehow)

Comment

when I started I didn't have a co, I just got the agency to change the details on the contract when I was up and running, about a week after I started.
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Ok, I've talked to the agent and he is ok for me to set myself up during next week. The other issue I have is that I am staying at a friend's house at the moment and don't have a fixed address. Are there any Ltd Company formation services that also offer their office address as the Registered Address for my company (if this is legal)? Or do I need to have a permanent address to give when setting up?

Comment

Originally posted by astro
            Ok, I've talked to the agent and he is ok for me to set myself up during next week. The other issue I have is that I am staying at a friend's house at the moment and don't have a fixed address. Are there any Ltd Company formation services that also offer their office address as the Registered Address for my company (if this is legal)? Or do I need to have a permanent address to give when setting up?
            Yes it's legal. You will need also a Company Secretary and many Company formation agents provide such a service for about 100 quids a year...Speak to an accountant as often they provide Registered Office service.
            The rest is silence...

Comment

Originally posted by astro
              Are there any Ltd Company formation services that also offer their office address as the Registered Address for my company (if this is legal)? Or do I need to have a permanent address to give when setting up?
              Probably all of them. For a fee.

Check out whether claiming 25 quid for an overnight state with your mates is appropriate for your circumstance. See hmrc website.

Comment

My LTD Co's registered address is with the accountant, means if the IR wants to know on the door of the registered office to complain i'm not the one who has to deal with it

Comment

Working...
                X