• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bombing the oil fields

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bombing the oil fields

Who are IS selling the oil to? 'we' are bombing the oil fields apparently, because they're making 2 million squid a day. But who are they selling it to?

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Who are IS selling the oil to? 'we' are bombing the oil fields apparently, because they're making 2 million squid a day. But who are they selling it to?
    I was wondering that.

Also, aren't they concerned about the environmental damage they are doing?

Comment

According to the BBC

"Oil is sold to local merchants, or to middlemen who smuggle it into Iraqi Kurdistan or over borders with Turkey, Iran and Jordan, and then sell to traders in a grey market; oil is also sold to the Syrian government.

Seizures of smuggled fuel in Turkey rose from 35,260 tons in 2011 to more than 50,000 tons in the first six months of 2014, before the Turkish authorities began to crack down on illegal trade."

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        According to the BBC

"Oil is sold to local merchants, or to middlemen who smuggle it into Iraqi Kurdistan or over borders with Turkey, Iran and Jordan, and then sell to traders in a grey market; oil is also sold to the Syrian government.

Seizures of smuggled fuel in Turkey rose from 35,260 tons in 2011 to more than 50,000 tons in the first six months of 2014, before the Turkish authorities began to crack down on illegal trade."
        Ah, yeah. I'd thought of them as literally selling oil. I guess they have control of refineries too.
        Selling crude seems a bit of a logistical slog to make that much cash. Maybe i'm underestimating how much of it they can shift in small amounts.

Comment

Dodgy buys half their output to meet his firm's hair product requirements.

Comment

Working...
          X