• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LTD company - Employee payment advise???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTD company - Employee payment advise???

I have setup new IT consultancy LTD company, i am going to hire the employees with minimum monthly basic salary. Each employee will work with my client, and based on their revenue, i'll keep the small margin, rest of difference will be paid to employee. My question, how the difference amount will be paid to employee account.

For example,

Monthly revenue from employee 10k + vat
    My commission -3k
    salary to employee - 2k including NI.
    After deduction of comm + salary total is 5k. --> From ltd company, is it possible to pay 5k directly to their employee personal account?

Please advise, how to represent this transaction in account? Appreciate your reply?

Are you registered as an agency, how are you going to tax your employees, insurances sorted, pension scheme, have you thought this through and what does your accountant say?

Sits back to enjoy the ride......

Comment

Originally posted by everfor View Post
      After deduction of comm + salary total is 5k. --> From ltd company, is it possible to pay 5k directly to their employee personal account?
      You mean pay them £5K without informing the tax man?

Yes you can do this, but you'll probably end up in jail.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          You mean pay them £5K without informing the tax man?

Yes you can do this, but you'll probably end up in jail.
          Sounds like a Bob plan....

Comment

You aren't registered in the IOM by any chance.

Comment

OP posted the same thing in UK Business Forums. My answer here is the same: you pay them their "bonus/commission" as that's essentially all it is, through the payroll along with the rest of their wages.

Also, you need to ensure they are being paid NMW am regardless of what clients they are working on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
                You aren't registered in the IOM by any chance.
                I think this one falls under the jurisdiction of Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Are you registered as an agency, how are you going to tax your employees, insurances sorted, pension scheme, have you thought this through and what does your accountant say?

Sits back to enjoy the ride......
                  Running a consultancy and hiring out your employees to clients is a fairly standard business model and I wouldn't have said that makes OP an agency (as in employment business which I assume is what you mean).

Only paying the "employees" for work they do might change things but if they are being paid a basic salary that meets NMW then I don't see that it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by everfor View Post
                    Yes, you can pay £5k into their personal account.

Since they are your employee, you would record this £5k bonus on their payslip, and pay the appropriate additional tax and NI to HMRC. If you have already paid them £5k, you would pay this from your company funds.

Good luck with the new business.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X