• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Ultra-Orthodox Jews be allowed on planes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Ultra-Orthodox Jews be allowed on planes?

Ultra-Orthodox Jews cause chaos on flight to Israel - Telegraph

Personally I reckon no just for being sexist. But they knew how seats would be allocated. Why cause all that disruption? And why weren't they arrested?

I am not allowed to sit next to a woman on a plane. But following my treatment I am hoping to get that court order lifted.

Luckily it said nothing about sitting next to women on coaches or it could have made the trip back from L2B difficult.

Comment

The neatest solution would be for churchy to complete his gender reassignment surgery as he'll refuse to sit next to them too. .

Comment

The airlines should just have a special flight for them and charge them extra for the seating arrangements.

Then they should put a statement under the normal flights at that time that says due to New York State and US Federal laws segregation of seating under sex, racial and religious grounds is illegal.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I got a flight back from Tel Aviv once and there were 3 men belonging to some Jewish sect sitting in the row in front of me. they each had a block of wood strapped to their head and spent practically the whole trip chanting and rocking and other, for me anyway, extremely strange doings, especially the one who spent much of the time with a towel also draped over his head. ******* weirdos....

(at times it was actually quite frightening, or more scary, and the Halal meals served on El Al taste like tulip and it took me 4 ******* hours to get through security)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I got a flight back from Tel Aviv once and there were 3 men belonging to some Jewish sect sitting in the row in front of me. they each had a block of wood strapped to their head and spent practically the whole trip chanting and rocking and other, for me anyway, extremely strange doings, especially the one who spent much of the time with a towel also draped over his head. ******* weirdos....

(at times it was actually quite frightening, or more scary, and the Halal meals served on El Al taste like tulip and it took me 4 ******* hours to get through security)
            Halal meals? They are allowed that on an Israeli airline? I thought they would be Kosher.....

Comment

It's amazing the stirring up of racial hatred that the newspapers are currently doing. Not just for Jews, but Muslims aswell.

First it was a hastily sellotaped note on a wall in Stamford Hill saying men and women should walk on different sides of the road. The Daily Mail, being a knee-jerk newspaper obviously thought it was completely true and gave Margery in Tunbridge Wells something to moan about.

Now we get this story in the Telegraph. EL AL is an Israeli airline.. let them sort out the problem! We don't need the Telegraph's help FFS.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Halal meals? They are allowed that on an Israeli airline? I thought they would be Kosher.....
                I'm tired and confused! One religion and it's arcane practices is like another....
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It's a prayer ritual called "Tefillin". They are just boxes with Hebrew scrolls in them. Don't worry, I've never seen one with Semtex or a Jew ever blow themselves up on a plane for that matter. The "towels" are prayer shawls - again all a bit strange, but harmless and maybe a bit annoying if you're trying to get some shut-eye.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I'm tired and confused! One religion and it's arcane practices is like another....

You know what I think is funny about radical Muslims now?

When I was at uni the orthodox Jewish ladies would often be found hanging out with the strict Muslims ladies. As the other Jews and Muslims weren't religious enough plus they had gone to school together.....

Comment

Working...
                    X