• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extremist Christians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremist Christians

Fed up with other religions having their fundamentalist and extremists, its seems that Ukip want their own as well. This is a leaflet being distributed at their conference by a group associated with them which reveals that they believe Westminster MPs from all the major parties are carrying out “a deliberate process of secularisation and ethnicide of the English people.“ It seems the UKIP reckons this ethnicide of the English is being carried out by the Tories, Lib Dems and Labour on behalf of what it calls the ‘satanic’ EU. Although not as strongly worded as propaganda from other religions, some of the wording is very similar. Will we seeing suicide Kippers? A call for a kiphad on kebab shops?

(Actually I think this is very similar to BNP, EDL and Britain First propaganda)

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Well, leaving the religious aspect of it out I guess that they have a point with the ethnicide bit - though perhaps that terminology is a little extreme.

Now that we live in a multicultural melting pot, the synonymy of Englishness with white Anglo Saxon is a somewhat outdated concept is it not? Of course, a lot of ethnic minorities identify as British rather than English perhaps as there are racial overtones so maybe Englishness needs redefining?

Interestingly, when I was watching the coverage of the Scottish referendum, I noticed there were a lot of ethnic minorities who considered themselves Scots. Don't know why one Asian person would be comfortable calling himself a Scot while another is uncomfortable calling himself English.

Comment

I've often found that odd as well. I've asked a few first and second generation Asian and Carribean coworkers over the years what they considered themselves as, and they always replied "British". So you're born in England, never been to Scotland or Wales, but don't consider yourself to be English?

Odd.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        I've often found that odd as well. I've asked a few first and second generation Asian and Carribean coworkers over the years what they considered themselves as, and they always replied "British". So you're born in England, never been to Scotland or Wales, but don't consider yourself to be English?

Odd.

What an odd thing to find odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post

Interestingly, when I was watching the coverage of the Scottish referendum, I noticed there were a lot of ethnic minorities who considered themselves Scots. Don't know why one Asian person would be comfortable calling himself a Scot while another is uncomfortable calling himself English.
          The Scottish and Welsh are minorities within Great Britain. They experience some racism (as defined under the law) from English people so it's not surprising they allow others who they perceive to receive the similar treatment to join their group.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X