• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to deal with IS/ISIS/ISIL?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best way to eradicate the vermin?
    nuke 'em
    17.65%
    coalition of the willing - troops on the ground
    11.76%
    pay the Chinese army to do the business
    5.88%
    do nowt and let 'em get on with it
    17.65%
    bombing raids only
    11.76%
    send in George Galloway
    23.53%
    send in Andrew W
    11.76%
    one day at a time

What about ITIL...? (small gag for all those service management peeps out there)

Comment

Firstly - what EXACTLY is it that they want?

Comment

Why don't you pop over to Syria and ask them ?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I believe they want a state that strictly enforces an extreme version of sharia law where public crucifixions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion, hangings, floggings and stoning to death are some the penalties for anyone stepping out of line.

one day at a time

Comment

I'm more worried about the homegrown jihadis.

Just hope they don't start beheading people at random.

I've read these fears expressed in several papers - not sure if they are scare tactics to garner support for the war or if they are based on credible intelligence - but if there were to be a spate of random beheadings of innocent members of the public I reckon the whole sh!thouse would go up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              In addition to what the other guy said they also view that state as being the whole world. Eg the whole world should be an IS state and they will fight until they achieve that goal.

So turn the feckers into glass is what I say.

Comment

Switch their fekkin internet off for starters.

I keep hearing about members of IS in Raqqa Syria chatting with families back in the UK and France on Facebook and Skype. Not only that but they'll be using it for propaganda and recruitment.

Shut if off FFS!

Comment

I say we nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    Switch their fekkin internet off for starters.

I keep hearing about members of IS in Raqqa Syria chatting with families back in the UK and France on Facebook and Skype. Not only that but they'll be using it for propaganda and recruitment.

Shut if off FFS!
                    Keep an eye on Jihad: You are being redirected...

They shouldn't be using the Internet anyway: Iranian cleric issues fatwa against the Internet - The Washington Post

A prominent hard-line Iranian cleric has denounced high-speed mobile Internet and 3G services as “immoral and unlawful.”

Last week, Grand Ayatollah Nasser Makarem-Shirazi said 3G mobile services are against sharia law and violate “human and moral norms.”
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X