• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sssssh! Don't tell 'em, maybe they won't notice.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sssssh! Don't tell 'em, maybe they won't notice.

You ain't seen me, right?

Today's university students are being sold a lie - Telegraph

Apprenticeships in shelf stacking?

How things have changed in the last 40 years.

And of course the feckwhit Bliar managed to stick his oar in too.

Blair’s ridiculous crowd-pleasing 50% target pushed hundreds of thousands of kids, many of whom were ill-suited to higher education, to do useless degrees, often at pretty useless universities.
    Did Blair get that wrong then?

Comment

I'm sure the 50% was achieved under the conservatives. Probably major.

Anyway I was going past a uni today, 25% of the students seemed to be Chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

you were probably driving through the Chinese quarter
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          The Chinese seem to do business degrees, though we do get the odd one or two doing engineering.

The engineering block seems to be full of middle eastern gentlemens.
          dumb Chinese and Middle Easterns. They will miss out on the 'Great shelf-stacking Boom of 2015'

mark my words.
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

nope

BBC News - University entry levels reach 49%

the stupidity of assuming everyone needs a degree rather than just decent training will cost us dear.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Foreign students are where the real dough is, though. I can't remember the difference between what your average foreigner pays but it's substantially more than your average Brit.

if only there was a website where I could type stuff like that in and find answers. Sigh.

EDIT:
              http://www.topuniversities.com/stude...-cost-study-uk

International students pay roughly 12K per annum in fees.

However, tuition fees for international students can be as high as £38,532 (US$62,294) per year – which is what you could expect to pay for a taught clinical postgraduate degree at a leading university in London.
              http://www.timeshighereducation.co.u...006262.article

For a UK or EU student, a full-time postgraduate taught course will cost an average of just under £6,000 a year in 2013-14. This is 30 per cent cheaper than the £8,610 average annual cost of an undergraduate programme at an English university.
              That's a bit muddled, and the difference isn't as great as I'd imagined when I started waffling.
              Last edited by I just need to test it; 30 September 2014, 11:10.

Comment

Working...
              X