• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Tory jumps ship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Tory jumps ship

Deputy Mayor of London no less.... Labour must be laughing

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    If labour get into power there wont be many laughs for you contractors.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      If labour get into power there wont be many laughs for anyone except those on benefits and the lefty rich.
      FTFY
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Why? tories have done nothing for contractors since they've been in. They are all the same, UKIP would be the best bet but there is more chance of suity being the next PM.

Comment

Why? tories have done nothing for contractors since they've been in. They are all the same, UKIP would be the best bet but there is more chance of suity being the next PM.
          UKIP will make it difficult for you to travel accross the EU in search of work and labour will tax you to oblivion -because you are rich - you may not think you are but as a percentage of the population you are in the very highest earnings bracket.

This is why I get tired of hearing some of you whining about the Tories when all along you are as Tory as any of them.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

UKIP will make it difficult for you to travel accross the EU in search of work and labour will tax you to oblivion -because you are rich - you may not think you are but as a percentage of the population you are in the very highest earnings bracket.

This is why I get tired of hearing some of you whining about the Tories when all along you are as Tory as any of them.
            I would agree with you if the Tories were like Thatcher's tories, but they are not, they are New Labour v2.

Comment

Get your facts right, he's a former deputy mayor...Are you a Daily Mail journalist?

Boris Johnson’s former right-hand man at City Hall today announced he has ditched his Tory membership to instead join Ukip.

Mr Barnes, who served as Deputy Mayor between 2008 and 2012, said he took his decision due to a mix of London and national issues.

Mr Barnes was London Assembly for Ealing and Hillingdon from 2000 to 2012 and is a former Hillingdon councillor.
              The interesting thing about these defectors is that they all seem to be misfits, check out their records....
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I think we will get another tomorrow before DC's speech, then one a month till the election. There will be a big name sooner or later, maybe a cabinet member who thinks he will not get a position post GE.

HTH

Comment

Get back to work tax slave.

Comment

They were trying to shed this image by touting a special purpose type of ltd for freelancers but I suspect you're right.

As for UKIP, if you're referring to their VAT proposal, that has been scrapped. They seem eager to eventually lower the 40p rate to 30 and increase the 40p threshold. And also raise the income tax threshold to be equivalent to the MW; presumably the same would have to be done with NI, if the Tories don't push for its merger. They intend to scrap the inheritance tax. Given their attitude to SMEs I doubt UKIP would be hostile to contractors, they are a relatively pro market party. Of course, it could all be lies, as with the Lib-dems.

Re Labour, if UKIP begins taking 'their' votes, I doubt they will do much laughing.
                    Last edited by Zero Liability; 30 September 2014, 11:29.

Comment

Working...
                    X