• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brain Cox - The biggest threat to civilisation is CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain Cox - The biggest threat to civilisation is CUK

'The biggest threat to civilisation is CUK': Brian Cox warns

Dyslexia Rules KO....

Comment

He was always my favourite Hannibal Lecter.

Not sure why that gives him any kind of authority to talk about food supplies.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

His real words in the article are:
        "The biggest threat to civilisation is human stupidity"

i.e.

Comment

Sigh - Obviously the guy has some new book to plug, and has been told that doom-laden pronouncements are the best publicity.

What gets me is the arrogance of people who assume that the survival of our descendents depends on our ability to sort out every problem in a matter of a few years - In a century or two at the present rate of progress, climate change and stray asteroids (except possibly deliberately displaced ones!) will be the least of their problems.

I'd concede it's a shame about all the species becoming extinct, although even there all we need do is make sure enough of their DNA is preserved for our descendents to be able to recreate them whenever convenient.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X