• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you were going on holiday....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you were going on holiday....

... how long would you be prepared to leave your children unguarded for?

By which I mean leaving locked accomodation(you are allowed to sleep in a seperate room if accomodation is locked) or them being out of sight while you are outside locked accomodation.

Anyone prepared to do what the McCanns did after what happened to them?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    ... how long would you be prepared to leave your children unguarded for?

By which I mean leaving locked accomodation(you are allowed to sleep in a seperate room if accomodation is locked) or them being out of sight while you are outside locked accomodation.

Anyone prepared to do what the McCanns did after what happened to them?
    We wouldn't leave them, even before what happened with the McCanns. This isn't hindsight but simply something we wouldn't do.

We would have worried the whole time about the kids wakening up and finding they were alone in a strange apartment so how can you possibly enjoy a meal and drinks in that situation?

When we went abroad we wouldn't bother about going for fancy meals, we always included the kids so would be happy going to an Italian restaurant so the youngsters could have pizza and ice cream. Isn't that what a family holiday is about?

Comment

Anoooother thread on this?

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Anoooother thread on this?

Why isn't there a poll?

Comment

I saw a documentary about this back in the nineties.

This family went on holiday and realised they'd left one of their annoying brat kids at home. To make it even worse some guys, one of which I'm sure was some mafia type, tried to break in.

It was terrible.

I saw some pictures of the kid all grown up and it looks like this whole ordeal really made a mess of him.

So sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

This family went on holiday and realised they'd left one of their annoying brat kids at home. To make it even worse some guys, one of which I'm sure was some mafia type, tried to break in.

It was terrible.

I saw some pictures of the kid all grown up and it looks like this whole ordeal really made a mess of him.

So sad.
            They were a clumsy family, I believe it happened on more than one occasion!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

It was terrible.

So sad.
              You're so fkcing judgemental Pondy.

We've all done that at some point.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I saw a similar documentary back in the old days about a nanny and a chimneysweep with a dodgy agent cockney accent. Those poor kids haven't been seen since.

Comment

Thats nothing, my cunning disguise as a yeti would have succeeded in closing down the hydro plant, if it hadn't been for those pesky kids
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I'll just let my rottweiler look after the kids, what could possibly go wrong?
                    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
                    X