• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First US Ebola case diagnosed in Dallas, TX

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First US Ebola case diagnosed in Dallas, TX

Sorry this is no joke

This is not one of the volunteer aid workers that came back in a protective aeroplane and now in isolation, but is a traveller who came back from West Africa and was later diagnosed when they got ill.

Watch Live: First Case of Ebola Diagnosed in the U.S., CDC Confirms - NBC News

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Sorry this is no joke

This is not one of the volunteer aid workers that came back in a protective aeroplane and now in isolation, but is a traveller who came back from West Africa and was later diagnosed when they got ill.

Watch Live: First Case of Ebola Diagnosed in the U.S., CDC Confirms - NBC News
    It's ok there is a cure for westerners with money.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      It's ok there is a cure for westerners with money.
      evidence, link ?

Comment

evidence, link ?
        Hygiene and modern medical facilities, if it gets to India though different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          Hygiene and modern medical facilities, if it gets to India though different story.
          When was the last time you were in any pub toilets, think that door handle is clean?

We're doomed

Comment

evidence, link ?
            It's one of the reasons why the death rate of Ebola is "up to 90%"

Taking every case all over the world since it was first discovered - roughly 50% die - okay, still pretty bad odds overall.

But looking at each outbreak - the worst outbreak had a death rate of 90% - can't be arsed to look up which outbreak that was - but it was on an occasion where there was practically no medical facilities available.

The "better" outbreaks had a much lower death rate - largely due to the quality of medical treatment.

Why do you think 3 US and 1 UK aid workers fully recovered after being repatriated to their home countries to super ICU units. If the death rate was 90%, it would have been incredible odds for all to have survived.
            Last edited by centurian; 1 October 2014, 06:17.

Comment

That's it, I'm off to buy a crate of beans.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                That's it, I'm off to buy a crate of beans.
                You thinking that natural gas is going to protect you? I'd better order some sprouts as well.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Ironically, ordinary soap & water kills ebola, according to sommat I was vaguely* listening to on R4 the other evening.

*I was sorting out the recycling into separate bags at the time. It's very complicated.
                  Hmm.. are you sure they weren't talking about rumours and hoaxes?

Like this Ebola cure identified in Nigeria:

Comment

Unless my maths is wrong, this guy spent 7 days wandering around while in the infectious stage.

There will be quite a few other people with this in the USA now.
                    Last edited by NickyBoy; 1 October 2014, 14:16.

Comment

Working...
                    X