• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long suffering Yahoo web mail users

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long suffering Yahoo web mail users

A few days ago Yahoo mail suddenly started using a literally microscopic font when composing Rich Text and HTML mails, including replies. So to use a reasonable font one now has to switch to plain text.

Now I'm finding it refuses to append attachments, even tiny one page text files. Just sits there with the activity thing looping ...

What kind of baboons are they employing in a vain attempt to maintain their stupid mail service?!

Anyone else suffering with Yahoo mail?

I'm determined to try and switch exclusively to my GMX web mail (Free Webmail and Email by GMX | Sign Up Now!), as it is so much faster and slicker; but so many of my contacts know only my Yahoo email address, and I have thousands of old emails in my Yahoo inbox. So it looks like they have me by the you-know-whats.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

If you use something like Thunderbird, you could connect both mail accounts to the client and drag and drop emails from one system to the other - I moved my mum from Yahoo over to Gmail this year. Years back, I imported six years worth of company emails from Outlook and Outlook Express into Gmail the same way.

Then set up an auto-forward to the new account - Gmail lets you have account filters easily, so I created a new rule which starred each email and marked it as having been forwarded from Yahoo. She sees these, and either updates the contact details (if it's a company), unsubscribes from the list if she doesn't want it any more, and replies to friends with a canned response which says "I've changed my email address to ..."

It didn't take long to get the Yahoo email traffic to next to nothing.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
    X