• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Curse of Oak Island

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Curse of Oak Island

Anyone watch this on History? It's on at 10.

The basic story is that they think they have a 160 foot money pit and there is treasure at the bottom.

Oak Island Money Pit - The Last Great Unsolved Mystery

I think it is a lot of tulipe. Interesting program though.

Look at wiki Somerton Man, cracking tale!

Comment

Never bothered to watch it so was thinking of getting the full box set of Lost. Worth doing?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Forbidden treasures on Yesterday at 9.

Touches on it.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Never bothered to watch it so was thinking of getting the full box set of Lost. Worth doing?
          I persevered through the entire first season and all that happened was there was a plane crash that dumped them on an island and they found a hatch. I gave up after that.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            I persevered through the entire first season and all that happened was there was a plane crash that dumped them on an island and they found a hatch. I gave up after that.
            Haha, me and the wife got that far. Then it moved from terrestial tv to $ky.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              I see this is becoming more common now. Start off with an interesting idea and a plot for the first series. Then it takes off and becomes huge. At this point the whole plot goes out the window as they realise they can't have a big finale/reveal as they're planning series 2,3,4. From then on they're just shoe-horning twists to keep it interesting enough to get series 5,6,7. But now the original ending doesn't fit or is a massive anti-climax.

I think breaking bad is an exception but who knows if they could have maintained the quality for another 2 seasons.

Comment

Ta. Hmmm. Think I won't bother.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Anyone watch this on History? It's on at 10.

The basic story is that they think they have a 160 foot money pit and there is treasure at the bottom.

Oak Island Money Pit - The Last Great Unsolved Mystery

I think it is a lot of tulipe. Interesting program though.
                  Saw something like that years ago and the conclusion was that, in the unlikely event it was originally man-made at all, it was some kind of arms cache built by either the British or the French military in the late 18th century.

So even if modern diggers manage to reach the bottom, the only "treasure" they'll find for their pains is a load of rusty old muskets.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    I think breaking bad is an exception but who knows if they could have maintained the quality for another 2 seasons.
                    Having just watched BB I don't think it is exempt - as it became more successful more writers / money were pumped into it but quite a few episodes felt little more than padding - think of the Fly episode in series 3 especially

In fact all of season 3 was pretty poor imho
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X