• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like UKIP will do well in Clacton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like UKIP will do well in Clacton

'Offensive' Banksy immigration mural in Clacton scrubbed off wall by council - Art - Arts and Entertainment - The Independent

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Shame, I liked it. Presumably scrubbed by the same sort of people who hound paediatricians.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I laughed when I read about it this morning. Some numpty decides to scrub a Banksy worth a couple of hundred grand and then says he hopes he would come back again sometime. All grafitti will now be left in place just in case

Comment

Crazy, whoever it was by. The way I read it, the intent was more likely anti-racist than racist.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Crazy, whoever it was by. The way I read it, the intent was more likely anti-racist than racist.
          Same, it's a parody methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Seemed pretty obvious to me, but then some people think mentioning or acknowledging racism makes you racist (like when I was called racist for pointing out there are stereotypes about Jews).
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              there are stereotypes about Jews
              There are? Only a racist would know that. You racist.

Comment

The guy from the council summed it up, dammed if they do and dammed if they don't, but their view was if someone complains it has to be dealt with
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  The guy from the council summed it up, dammed if they do and dammed if they don't, but their view was if someone complains it has to be dealt with
                  And here in lies the problem.

People think if they complain then 'somebody' has to do 'something' - the phrase feck off is most underutilised imho.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    It was probably someone from Frinton.

Comment

Working...
                    X