• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do suits shrink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do suits shrink?

My sister was nagging me about if I have suitable things for the funeral. “Don’t want you turning up like a beach-bum like you normally do”. I said everything was OK because I had brought a suit back with me. I thought I’d better just check. Bloody hell it is a tight fit! I don’t think that I’ve worn it for four years. It’s a bit mildewey too. Why do suits shrink if you don’t use them?

I’ve just been down the local dry cleaners. Nice lady said that it’ll be all done for me by Saturday afternoon. I though I was in trouble then.

FFS, why she having a go at me. I bet she wont get her daughter to take all that metal work out of her face. At least her son wont be their. He makes Andyw look bright and charming.
    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
    No matter how you try,
    Goodbye cruel Labour,
    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

that'll be the Threaded syndrome
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

It's not the suit that's shrank...

It's you getting lardier. Must be the good life as an expat.

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix
        It's you getting lardier.
        Don't I just know it
        I’m the slim boy in the office – including the youngster that works for me. That’s another reason why we never managed to throw him to the tarpon.
        It's the bloody food. All the restaurants are aimed at American tourists. Sensible choices can be difficult.

I get exercise too – I walk or cycle when everyone else goes around in air-conditioned cars. A real case of mad dogs and Englishmen.
        No matter how you try,
        Goodbye cruel Labour,
        Your end is nigh.

Comment

I have the same problem. I put it down to metabolism!

On a related note, I bought two new suits this afternoon - one with four pairs of trousers (I go through them a bit quick) in a sale, all for just £84.
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Result - Where you get that?

Just thinking, I'm due to be here most of the rest of the year. I'm not tooled up for this. All my stuff here is for very hot summers. Given that I'm going to keep this place, I'd better get some winter togs.
            No matter how you try,
            Goodbye cruel Labour,
            Your end is nigh.

Comment

BHS. Cheap suits (normally £99 or less) I know - but their decent made-in-China mix and match numbers are very serviceable for everyday use. Mrs Oraclesmith was impressed anyway. Our store happen to have a stock clearance at the moment - getting rid of end of line stock ready for the winter.

I usually don't do well with these sales because they have, for example manly-sized jackets but only midget trousers left. But today I struck gold with jackets £20 and £15 and trousers at £9 and £10 apiece in approximately the right sizes. Saving of about 70%. Result.
              It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                that'll be the Threaded syndrome
                Actually, I've recently taken a whole pile of clothes to the charity shop because they were much too large for me.

Also my doctor suggests I eat more salt.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                X