• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Go JC!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go JC!

Jeremy Clarkson (my beloved prophet) is supposedly taking the piss out of Argentina. Good for you JC! (are his initials really a mere coincidence or is he the new Messiah?)

It is another example of the curious double standards that prevail today. Anyone who cites relatively recent, pre WW2, history to defend a white British UK is called racist, told that we must take account of the ethnic population that makes up part of today's UK. Actually, I entirely agree with that. While we should not go on repeating past mistakes, creating conflicts and tensions by taking in those who do not succeed or who reject British values, you cannot turn back history. It is in everybodys' interest that British citizens, regardless of ethnicity or origin, should be fully part of our society, that we try and create a Britain where everyone is of equal value and eliminate the differences that exist.

And yet some argue we are supposed to use disputed events of nearly 200 years ago to reject self determination by the Falklands Islanders, most of whose ancestry goes way back to that time. The accusations of colonialism are particularly bizarre coming from Argentina, a country formed by Spanish colonials, most of whom arrived in that region no earlier than the ancestors of the Falkland Islanders.

Practically speaking, given the relative prosperity of the Falklands and the economic woes of leftist Argentina in recent decades, one can hardly blame the Islanders for wanting to keep the status quo.

Stuff it to the lefty, debt defaulting (yet again) twats JC!
    Last edited by xoggoth; 2 October 2014, 20:15.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Jeremy Clarkson (my beloved prophet) is supposedly taking the piss out of Argentina. Good for you JC! (are his initials really a mere coincidence or is he the new Messiah?)

It is another example of the curious double standards that prevail today. Anyone who cites relatively recent, pre WW2, history to defend a white British UK is called racist, told that we must take account of the ethnic population that makes up part of today's UK. Actually, I entirely agree with that. While we should not go on repeating past mistakes, creating conflicts and tensions by taking in those who do not succeed or who reject British values, you cannot turn back history. It is in everybodys' interest that British citizens, regardless of ethnicity or origin, should be fully part of our society, that we try and create a Britain where everyone is of equal value and eliminate the differences that exist.

And yet some argue we are supposed to use disputed events of nearly 200 years ago to reject self determination by the Falklands Islanders, most of whose ancestry goes way back to that time. The accusations of colonialism are particularly bizarre coming from Argentina, a country formed by Spanish colonials, most of whom arrived in that region no earlier than the ancestors of the Falkland Islanders.

Practically speaking, given the relative prosperity of the Falklands and the economic woes of leftist Argentina in recent decades, one can hardly blame the Islanders for wanting to keep the status quo.

Stuff it to the lefty, debt defaulting (yet again) twats JC!
    Go Jezza!

What's the racist language in the unseen footage at the bottom of the page? Have they just regurgitated the "slope" incident or is this a new outrage? Won't play on my machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
      Go Jezza!

What's the racist language in the unseen footage at the bottom of the page? Have they just regurgitated the "slope" incident or is this a new outrage? Won't play on my machine.
      I saw that Burma special on one of the Dave-type channels the other week. The slope comment has been edited out.

Comment

Working...
      X