• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blah Blah its so unfair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blah Blah its so unfair

Artist Tracey Emin: 'Motherhood would be a compromise for me as an artist' - Independent.ie

Tracey Emin says that it wouldn’t be possible for her to be an artist and mother.

She maintains that having children would "compromise" her work and that it isn’t easy for any woman in her profession to juggle a career with parenting.

"I don’t think I’d be making work [if I were a mother]," she said.

"I would have been either 100 per cent mother or 100 per cent artist. I’m not flaky and I don’t compromise. Having children and being a mother… It would be a compromise to be an artist at the same time."

Despite having been made a CBE in the January 2013 New Year Honours List, she still believes society has a long way to go until women are fully valued as artists.

"But it’s changing slowly," she said. "We probably just need another 200 years."
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Yes dear, its your "art" which is stopping you having kids!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Judging by her "art" the gene pool is better off without her.

Comment

I've not really understood why she attracts so much hostility. Is it jealousy you can't earn as much?

I'd lay criticism to many a footballer first for earning an eight figured salary only to run about on a grass field kicking a ball of compressed air.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

She's 51. She isn't breeding now. Thank God, that's two less screwed up kids.

Comment

I think she would have been more productive with kids; some of the stuff she exhibits looks like a child's playroom that has been ripped apart by a couple of unruly brats. Get them to do the work - easy life.

Comment

At least she is not a leftie
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Midland White View Post
                I think she would have been more productive with kids; some of the stuff she exhibits looks like a child's playroom that has been ripped apart by a couple of unruly brats. Get them to do the work - easy life.
                It worked for Damien Hirst!

I really have never seen the "art" in Emin's work, but its also the fact that these guys will churn out any old tulipe and people will buy it. I worked at one clientco where they had some Emin drawings, and by drawings they were stick men, I thought it was someone's young kids work, but no and apparently they paid 10's of thousands for it.

I suppose nice work if you can get it!
                Last edited by norrahe; 3 October 2014, 10:01.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                X