• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Clarkson - Take A Bow Sir!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeremy Clarkson - Take A Bow Sir!

Jeremy Clarkson forced out of Argentina after driving with 'Falklands War' numberplate | UK | News | Daily Express

This comes after Argentinian ex-soldiers stopped the presenter's Porsche - whose numberplate seemed to reference the Falklands War - at a roadblock before marching to his luxury hotel to demand he and his Top Gear team abandon the area.

Clarkson is understood to have checked out of his hotel early and fled to Chile after he was blasted for driving a car bearing the "provocative" plate - H982 FKL - to travel part of the famous Patagonian Highway.

Top Gear bosses insisted the plate had not been chosen deliberately and was a pure coincidence.

I especially like the clutching at straw with

Local councillor Juan Manuel Romano claimed the digits 269 on the number plate of the Ford Mustang Mustang Richard Hammond was driving were close to the 255 Britons killed during the 1982 war.

He also said the numbers 646 on James May’s Lotus could be taken as a reference to the 649 Argentinian casualties.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Is this the same as the other thread, or has he been kicked out of Argentina twice today?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I've always wanted to be the first with one of these!

KUATB

Comment

Well done top gear - record viewing figures for the next series confirmed
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Las Malvinas, todavia y siempre, son británicos...

Comment

Yeah how bloody funny is this? 900 deaths and 2000 more crippled, mostly young people who joined the army to get themselves a future, or conscripts who didn't have much choice, people on both sides left with mental scars for life, kids at home who lost their fathers and two developed countries whose relations were ruined for a generation, and Clarkson goes off to Argentina and makes jokes about it. I've eventually been convinced that the man is a T-W-A-T.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Calm down dear, it's only a forum.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Yeah how bloody funny is this? 900 deaths and 2000 more crippled, mostly young people who joined the army to get themselves a future, or conscripts who didn't have much choice, people on both sides left with mental scars for life, kids at home who lost their fathers and two developed countries whose relations were ruined for a generation, and Clarkson goes off to Argentina and makes jokes about it. I've eventually been convinced that the man is a T-W-A-T.
                So Dad's Army wasn't funny and shouldn't have been made? Kelly's Heroes? It Ain't Half Hot Mum?

At the time, we may have both been developed nations, but there was and still is a world of difference between us. One of the biggest differences was that our guys had a choice whether to join, many of theirs were conscripts and had no choice. I guess they were just lucky they weren't one of the Vanished.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Hmm bit off on this one...

Might as well say that as he had hair he was taking the piss out of the argies because some of them have hair.

It's just someone muppet journalist trying to make a name for themselves by jumping on the Lynch Clarkson band wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Hmm bit off on this one...

Might as well say that as he had hair he was taking the piss out of the argies because some of them have hair.

It's just someone muppet journalist trying to make a name for themselves by jumping on the Lynch Clarkson band wagon.
                    More like it

Although Mitch did just outclass OG in the driving of the offended bus
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X