• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for a new car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a new car

It's been ten years since I bought my Rav and as another MOT looms I feel its time to buy a new car.

Personally I'm not a car person. I want a car to be reliable, quick away from the lights and a good decent speed. Needs to do a decent amount to the gallon and Im not adverse to a hybrid. I quite fancied a Tesla but don't like the price tag.

Beamers and Volvos are out as they're driven by dickheads and small cars are out.

What suggestions do the panel have?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Obviously, for you, a Beamer wud be perfect...
    Clarity is everything

Comment

Time for a new car

averse.

Cretin.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

There you go

http://whitetrashrepairs.com/wp-cont...14/09/9821.jpg

convertible for you.

Or if you are having difficulty getting in or out.

http://whitetrashrepairs.com/wp-cont...14/09/9807.jpg
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Beamers and Volvos are out as they're driven by dickheads and small cars are out.

Mercs and Audis though there are a lot of dickheads driving the latter. In fact there are more driving those than Beamers now. I have noticed Merc drivers tend to be really polite on the road.

I wouldn't get a hybrid partly due to the fact in my area are driven by school run mums, taxi drivers or companies with their names plastered all over the car. The last two do it to get around the congestion charge.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm looking for a replacement for my 18year old 4x4

The hybrid Outlander PHEV looks worthy of further investigation 5% BIK (may run it through company) no VED & no Congestion Charge
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I have noticed Merc drivers tend to be really polite on the road..
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Damn I should have added an insult after that comment but I couldn't think of a suitable one....

If I was abroad though I would just shout "Taxi!".
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Are we talking a car for you or a family one?

The XC90 seems the best for the latter
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Are we talking a car for you or a family one?

The XC90 seems the best for the latter

Somewhere in between. Needs to be able to have the family in, but for long family journeys we take the Picasso. I want something that is Sporty & Practical but screams Entrepeneur, Family man & not cheap / but not flash as well.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X