• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the point

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the point

Please read the topic subject. Please understand the question.

Now the context of this question is simple.

As I am approaching middle age, certain truths that I knew to be true are turning out to be lies.

I knew that if you worked hard, tried your best you would always end up doing ok. Hard work was in itself a reward.

I also knew that if you treat others as you wish to be treated then also you would be ok. This again is a reward in itself.

This past few years I have noted that it matters not 1 **** how hard you work, you stand as much chance of getting shafted as much as the next guy.

This past few years I also note that it doesn't matter 1 **** how well you treat people, you stand as much chance of getting shafted as the next guy.

So what's the ******* point in working hard and treating people well? You're only going to end up getting ******* shafted in the end any ******* ways.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

sod's law init

Comment

Rather past middle age but from my experience I rather doubt if any of that is statistically true. Some are unlucky of course. So what's gone wrong in your life Suity?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I knew that if you worked hard, tried your best you would always end up doing ok. Hard work was in itself a reward.

I also knew that if you treat others as you wish to be treated then also you would be ok. This again is a reward in itself.
        You got it all wrong. You must not work hard and be nice to people. You must be a lovable dick. Just like me.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

So what's the ******* point in working hard and treating people well? You're only going to end up getting ******* shafted in the end any ******* ways.
          So if you end up on your death bed believing in God - some people do have a change of heart then- you don't worry about burning in hell.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You make your own luck in this life.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              You make your own luck fantasy in this life forum.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                It's called self respect innit?
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

The point is revenge.

You see if you do all of these things, and you still get shafted, then revenge is fully justified.

Revenge is sweet

Comment

Well you could start on the path to recovery by a simple method. Stop being and acting like an utter self obsessed twat, maybe the World will treat you better then.

Admittedly it would take a monumental effort and be an astounding achievement to get you to the point of just being a complete tit, but you never know, you may manage it.

Comment

Working...
                    X