• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RT.COM Really cranking up the propaganda

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RT.COM Really cranking up the propaganda

I was watching TV last night and stumbled upon RT. The channel is based in Moscow, but has American anchors and experts on there all the time. I spend a lot of time on tin foil hat sites as you well know so just imagine my surprise when I flicked over and their 8-9 talking shop was entitled

"Is World War 3 on?"

Hard hitting and to the point basically :

Russia is not isolated, the UN is.
    America's ISIL attacks are a thinly veiled attempt to invade Syria and Iran.
    Israel and Netanyahu unstable and can light up the middle east any minute by picking a fight with Iran, which America would then go wading in.
    America cannot win in the middle east.
    America and Britain are in the final death throes and lashing about wildly, currencies and economies finished.
    Russia, China and Brazil are the new super powers and luckily also the only sane ones.

It was really spelt out that NATO are a group of thugs, and that the eurozone has never wanted to go along with sanctions against Russia and was basically bullied into it by NATO.

It wasn't exactly subtle. And the fact that they had British accented representation in the form of Rodney Shakespeare from the Global Justice Movement made it even more eerie.

I'm not sure I like the idea of being with the bad guys. Or perhaps they're all bad guys really and we're all going to hell in a handcart.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I was watching TV last night and stumbled upon RT. The channel is based in Moscow, but has American anchors and experts on there all the time. I spend a lot of time on tin foil hat sites as you well know so just imagine my surprise when I flicked over and their 8-9 talking shop was entitled

"Is World War 3 on?"

Hard hitting and to the point basically :

America's ISIL attacks are a thinly veiled attempt to invade Syria and Iran.
    Israel and Netanyahu unstable and can light up the middle east any minute by picking a fight with Iran, which America would then go wading in.
    America cannot win in the middle east.
    America and Britain are in the final death throes and lashing about wildly, currencies and economies finished.
    Russia, China and Brazil are the new super powers and luckily also the only sane ones.

It was really spelt out that NATO are a group of thugs, and that the eurozone has never wanted to go along with sanctions against Russia and was basically bullied into it by NATO.

It wasn't exactly subtle. And the fact that they had British accented representation in the form of Rodney Shakespeare from the Global Justice Movement made it even more eerie.

I'm not sure I like the idea of being with the bad guys. Or perhaps they're all bad guys really and we're all going to hell in a handcart.
    Easy to check. If you have a skull or bones on your army uniform somewhere you're normally one of the bad guys or your countries leader has a tash.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Easy to check. If you have a skull or bones on your uniform somewhere you're normally one of the bad guys.
      And do you? I never saw passed the pink crushed velvet to look.

Comment

Reminds me of

Fog in channel: Continent cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Easy to check. If you have a skull or bones on your army uniform somewhere you're normally one of the bad guys or your countries leader has a tash.
          The Queen's Royal Lancers may disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyWolf View Post
            She's German.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyWolf View Post
              Some of those are really tasteless.

The Royal Lancers one does have 'or glory' under the skull and crossbones, that's less threatening as it's saying to their enemies 'hey look, you've got a chance against us here'.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

"Is World War 3 on?"

What language was this broadcast in? English, wasn't it? This means it is primarily aimed at the English speaking world which has a predominantly free press and the majority of people are able to form their own opinions and speak freely so why do RT show this as I don't think most people in the West would believe it, nor do they watch it (I also have it in my hotel room.) What would be more interesting, and more frightening, would be to see what propaganda they're saying on their own channels in Russia.

Anyway, can you blame this one the West: Warships of two Koreas exchange fire | World news | theguardian.com

Its all kicking off now....
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  What language was this broadcast in? English, wasn't it? This means it is primarily aimed at the English speaking world which has a predominantly free press and the majority of people are able to form their own opinions and speak freely so why do RT show this as I don't think most people in the West would believe it, nor do they watch it (I also have it in my hotel room.) What would be more interesting, and more frightening, would be to see what propaganda they're saying on their own channels in Russia.

Anyway, can you blame this one the West: Warships of two Koreas exchange fire | World news | theguardian.com

Its all kicking off now....
                  Hey Darmy

Absolutely correct, it was English. I don't speak Russian yet

I take your point, seriously I do, and it sits well. The only thing I would add is that this was practically verbatim what the tinfoil hat community has been saying for months all wrapped up in one program. So the question in my mind is, are RT just broadcasting this as some sort of propaganda exercise, or is it that the things are so bad in the west that the tinfoil hat brigade have chucked so much tut at the wall that finally some of it stuck?

I note the North Korean situation, but they are trying to have high level talks so I think this was just a local skirmish between a couple of naval boats. I have faith they will smooth this over.

Comment

I like RT to the extent that it covers content media in the West is reluctant to cover, if at all. They also have some good guests on occasion, like Marc Faber. However, it's no different to any of the western propaganda outfits, except it is from the russki political vantage point. Which isn't to say everything they put out is suspect, no more so than with the western media.

Comment

Working...
                    X