• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone looking for a central London flat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone looking for a central London flat?

I think they have dropped the price on this one: 5 bedroom flat for sale in George Street, Marylebone, W1H, W1H
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Most of the price is for the two parking spaces

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
      I think they have dropped the price on this one: 5 bedroom flat for sale in George Street, Marylebone, W1H, W1H
      I reckon a cheeky £5M under the asking price and they may go for it.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Man, that's an ugly building.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Man, that's an ugly building.
          If you are inside you can't see how ugly the building is but the buildings next to it are just as ugly.

Also rather than have bedroom 5 it would be better to have a bigger kitchen.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            If you are inside you can't see how ugly the building is
            It's true, but you still have to see it when you arrive home and for that kind of money I'd want something in an old building, even if the inside had been totally remodelled
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              It's true, but you still have to see it when you arrive home and for that kind of money I'd want something in an old building, even if the inside had been totally remodelled
              You won't really see it for half the year.

The main issue is looking from your windows and balconies in the morning and seeing ugly buildings next to you.......
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm sure I saw that very flat, or one very like it in a squat ugly building in Marylebone, on sale months ago for the same outrageous price.

Maybe someone snapped it up earlier this year, and has cheekily put it back on sale for a couple of million pounds more!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'd rather live a little further away and have my private helicopter drop me into the City each morning.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    I'd rather live a little further away and have my private helicopter drop me into the City each morning.
                    Drop you....surely you'd be better off if they landed first!
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X