• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FreeAgent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FreeAgent

So, if I can pay less than £30/month to use FreeAgent to run my accounts - what reason do I have to use SJD etc?

Hard hat is on .........

Originally posted by tvr450 View Post
    So, if I can pay less than £30/month to use FreeAgent to run my accounts - what reason do I have to use SJD etc?

Hard hat is on .........
    I can get Wordpress for free, so what reason do I have to pay a web developer/designer?

FreeAgent is just a tool...a very good one...but just a tool. Some people will indeed use it to help them DIY without problems. Many others will still want an accountant to help ensure things are done correctly and on time. This could be because they accept their strengths lie elsewhere and that they'd cock it up if they DIY'd it, or perhaps because they know the amount of time they'd have to dedicate to it could be better spent elsewhere, earning more than the cost of an accountant.

Comment

FreeAgent will keep your books, not your accounts, and a very job it does of it along with lots of other things but it doesn't:

a) Produce a 100% accurate corporation tax return (it doesn't support all aspects of capital allowance, account for deferred tax and it may have some other minor differences from your accountant's calculation_

b) Submit your corporation tax return for you

c) Prepare your end of year accounts for submission to companies house and HMRC

d) Give you advice when you need it

I'm a huge fan of FreeAgent, I've used it for over 5 years and thoroughly recommend it but you still need an accountant. If your needs are simple you can get away with paying an accountant for an end of year service only - something I used to do - but there are advantages of paying a monthly retainer to an accountant to have advice at the end of an email/phone plus do all of the above for you.

Comment

Working...
      X