• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal trainer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal trainer

Has anyone ever had themselves a personal trainer? Either at the gym or someone who comes down in the morning and hassles you to go running or spar against?

Is it worth it?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Yes and Yes

For me the benefits were:
    Increased variety of training exercises
    Made sure I maintained proper form
    Helped push me a bit further than I normally would
    Made sure I did a full hour at full pace
    Got me in the habit of stretching post exercise

I didn't bother with a trainer for every session, just once a week seemed to be enough
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Sexy lady personal trainer or butch ex-army man personal trainer?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Yes and Yes

For me the benefits were:
        Increased variety of training exercises
        Made sure I maintained proper form
        Helped push me a bit further than I normally would
        Made sure I did a full hour at full pace
        Got me in the habit of stretching post exercise

I didn't bother with a trainer for every session, just once a week seemed to be enough
        +1
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I never have but I had time and an interest in the subject so I read up on it and set my own training regime up, it is actually a lot easier than most people think. I train every lunchtime and at least one evening a week and have my routines customised to exactly what I want to do and what equipment I have available.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            I never have but I had time and an interest in the subject so I read up on it and set my own training regime up, it is actually a lot easier than most people think. I train every lunchtime and at least one evening a week and have my routines customised to exactly what I want to do and what equipment I have available.
            That does depend on your self-motivation. I find having something to go to is much more likely to get me actually doing it than getting myself off my arse. Though training with a friend is probably enough. Shame MF hasn't got any...

Comment

x2 a week for the last 4 years

do it!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                That does depend on your self-motivation. I find having something to go to is much more likely to get me actually doing it than getting myself off my arse. Though training with a friend is probably enough. Shame MF hasn't got any...
                That is a good point. I am motivated by competing in a sport and the fact that as chief trainer I should be setting a good example. Although I hate training with other people! They keep wanting to talk or change things or not change things I want to change etc!
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

See you at parkrun on Saturday, MF?

Seriously - I've found it very motivational. Lots of fat bastards start with run/walk or just one lap (2.5k) and build up. Nothing better than getting that text to say you've beaten your PB.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    See you at parkrun on Saturday, MF?

Seriously - I've found it very motivational. Lots of fat bastards start with run/walk or just one lap (2.5k) and build up. Nothing better than getting that text to say you've beaten your PB.
                    I'm toying with joining Fat Fighters.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X