• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Milan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milan

The city not Benes

Wifey has decided that Milan is the place to go for a new party frock & ever the one to indulge I am going along with the notion

Last time I was there was many years ago as a brief detour on the road to Genoa ... so have any seasoned travellers any recommendations for where to shop for middle aged girlie party frock stuff without stratospheric price tags and somewhere luxurious (i.e. not Travel lodge) close by to hunker down
    - trip adviser seems to be for the less fortunate (probably all permies)

Things you have to do for a shag eh?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Have you considered doing a city tour in a Passat?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

A slow train from Munich to Milan is lovely. Occasionally we do a long weekend, magnificent scenery.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Try the Galleria Vittorio Emanuelle next to the Duomo.
        Very posh, very expensive and if you buy a lady something from there a belly bump is guaranteed!
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

No shop or posh hotel recomendations (I've stopped at Hotel Lancaster and Zurigo, both very clean and central).

However whilst there go and see the Last Supper, you HAVE to book in advance for a timed ticket.

The Navigli district is good on a night and most bars have a happy hour, but this is food not drink. However we had a nice bottle of Trento for 11E and as much food from the buffet as you can eat. Meats, cheeses, pasta, pizza, gnocchi, tiramisu etc.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            any recommendations for where to shop for middle aged girlie party frock stuff without stratospheric price tags
            Asda George?

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Things you have to do for a shag eh?
            Ah right, I see!

Comment

Working...
            X